News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The 1.3% property tax hike was approved 30-13. This whole tactic of getting councillors to approve the tax rate before the budget debate is the same shitty thing that Ford was doing. Every motion that tried to increase the rate to a more reasonable level in order to stop relying on reserves and pay for unfunded promises was unsuccessful. To even suggest bringing it to the actual rate of inflation, which would still keep the mayor's promise and cost only a couple of dollars per month for homeowners, was shot down. What a disappointing budget this has been. Next year will be even worse.

So, the budget meeting is already over. I am mixed on the budget itself, but look at the difference when Ford isn't there.

This is about the NBA All-Star Weekend.

Last edited:
Big win for Tory.
FF Nation is not gonna like this if the outdoor workers agree, FFN have been praying for another excuse to intone Miller's name and invoke the ghosts of garbage past. Looks like Tory unlike Ford stood up for the taxpayer but we will see.

Of corse the comments are comedic for the most part but this should suffice:
160219-0002.png
160219-0003.png

Attachments

• 160219-0002.png
    160219-0002.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 160219-0003.png
    160219-0003.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Sometimes SAL does make some good points, that is until she shows her political favoritism. I don't remember the same comments during Robbie's "junkets" where he was supposed to be doing his job instead of promoting the Ford brand. Of course that is kinda fair since the private company, of which Robbie is part owner, paid at least in part for the "junket".

I guess she, along with the other part of the Nation, are afraid Tory may succeed where Robbie failed other than just at the job of mayor.
...What price is three lives?

Maybe we should ask Mayor John Tory.

Oops, I forgot. He’s busy rubbing shoulders and talking a good game with the Hollywood elite on yet another pricey junket.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/24/tchc-heads-need-to-roll-over-fire-deaths

I don't think he's actually paying for this trip.
Probably not but it seems Toronto is the main business unlike other, non-Toronto items.

Back