News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow, you people need to all relax. Many of these people were running the city just fine in Ford's absence. It will be business as usual. They are a pretty competent bunch. They'll be taking marching orders from Tory, so give them a chance before throwing all hope out the window.

He's picked people he knows will be able to work with his agenda. Lets give them a shot.

Last edited:
Wow, you people need to all relax. Many of these people were running the city just fine in Ford's absence. It will be business as usual. They are a pretty competent bunch. They'll be taking marching orders from Tory, so give them a chance before throwing all hope out the window.

He's picked people he knows will be able to work with his agenda. Lets give them a shot.

Nunziata, DMW, Crawford et al. had their shot.

Missed opportunity for Wong-Tam. Even though she's on the left, she's a great uniter.

Nunziata is a shit speaker. She's the reason city hall has been a circus for the last four years, with no voice and no control over the city council chamber. In my opinion, she was also the single biggest divisive force on council last term.

As for Denzil, a guy who doesn't know his left from his right. The same guy who wanted to foolishly rename Canada's busiest transportation terminal Union Station "Sir John A Macdonald Station" and waste tax payers money on renaming/rebranding. I was excited to see John Tory act upon this "bridging" and "unifying" talk he mentioned during his campaign, but putting these two in important positions really isn't showing good things to come.

Denzil Minnan-Wong is the type of man who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing. I'm surprised that Tory would give him more prominence, if nothing more than his reckless attempts to sabotage Waterfront Toronto.

Denzil Minnan-Wong is the type of man who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing. I'm surprised that Tory would give him more prominence, if nothing more than his reckless attempts to sabotage Waterfront Toronto.

Besides DMW and Nunziata, don't forget David Spadina Expressway Shiner in charge of planning!

These three are the biggest head scratchers for me. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when their appointments were discussed. I just don't get what Tory sees in them.

How has DMW been given anything? Deputy mayor is the most useless and meaningless of positions. The Deputy Mayor during much of the last 4 years was Councillor Holyday. Even with an incompetent abusive corrupt drug-addicted pathological liar as Mayor, Holyday had no special abilities.

Might as well just have put Minnan-Wrong in the corner with the dunce cap on. While speaker certainly will be in everyone's faces, it really doesn't have any sway on policy either. Though clearly Tory has not spend enough time observing council to have selected Nunziata ... though who'd really want such a thankless job?

I don't see why anyone is too shocked at the right-leaning appointments. We just elected the former leader of our right-wing party as Mayor. Who'd you all think he was going to select? A leopard doesn't change it's spots.

He won't show up for much and when he does,
Between aging and too much time staring at the computer my vision often gets fuzzy. Is it wrong that I read this as "and when he dies"?

What are Crawford's recognized talents for budget chief? As far as I know he's an art school graduate* who played drums in a cover band and was a house husband until he decided to get on the school board. He was pretty much silent for most of last term, and only was advanced on to the executive due to his faithfulness as a Ford family pet (bringing his band to their barbeque, painting a picture for mom).

*as was Olivia Chow, and as am I, but still...

Last edited:
I think John Tory personally believes that he will be a strong mayor able to dictate agenda effectively and get his new creatures to follow him. These are the idiots that followed Ford initially after all.

We'll see about that, all campaign I believed the premise that he would be a weak mayor and I remain unchanged on that view.

I suppose the real question is however, will council approve Nunziata as speaker again?

They should know more than anyone how bad she is as speaker.

I suppose the real question is however, will council approve Nunziata as speaker again?

They should know more than anyone how bad she is as speaker.

I'd be slightly willing to stomach this new exec if council voted to switch around the order of the speakers. Bonus points for replacing her with someone reasonable but who knows.

Looks like there will be no councillors from downtown on Tory's team, and no lefties. So much for uniting the city.

Last edited:
DMW for Deputy Mayor is such a disappointment, and speaks volumes about John Tory's vision for the next four years.

Even putting aside DMW's far right views, he is not a well-liked man.

It's the Vice President Gambit, it deters the opposition of getting rid of the president if they put the VP in charge.

Looks like there will be no councillors from downtown on Tory's team, and no lefties. So much for uniting the city.
McMahon, Bailão. Though I wouldn't be surprised if McMahon refuses the nomination as a conflict-of-interest in her ability to represent her ward.

Back