News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Okay, you’re getting fixated now. I can picture you now scouring through social media and news sites trying to find her details. We’re not trying to go all scarlet letter here. Let’s stand down our stalker tendencies
I think she's fair game because there are serious questions raised about how she got her job at MLSE.
The Sun already put her name out there

Not that I am particularly encouraging of going after married people, but surely the focus of the story should be the politician that abused his power and broke apart his own marriage, right?

The fact that you've devoted so many posts to this (half of the previous page! have you never heard of the edit button?) is exactly what benefits sleazebags like this to begin with. It doesn't matter who the woman is. If it wasn't her, it would be another. What matters is the wealthy, influential politician, at the heart of it all.

Some potential mayoral candidates that come to mind:

- Ana Bailao: Relatively high profile former three-term councillor and Tory ally
- Denzil Minnan Wong: Former long time councillor and deputy mayor; former PC candidate
- Karen Stintz: Former councillor, TTC chair and mayoral candidate; somewhat well known and has experience in private and NGO sectors
- Jill Andrew: NDP MPP with a rising profile; was very close to running for the ONDP leadership
- Mitzie Hunter: Liberal MPP and former education minister; former chair of Civic Action.

Not that I am particularly encouraging of going after married people, but surely the focus of the story should be the politician that abused his power and broke apart his own marriage, right?

The fact that you've devoted so many posts to this (half of the previous page! have you never heard of the edit button?) is exactly what benefits sleazebags like this to begin with. It doesn't matter who the woman is. If it wasn't her, it would be another. What matters is the wealthy, influential politician, at the heart of it all
She's a public servant.
She also had to know Tory was married.
I dont see how we cannot criticize her part in all this

I never said she shouldn't be criticized.

I think the fact alone that she entered into a relationship with someone who they know is married is deserving of criticism, though much less than the person who was actually married.

Your posts go far, far and beyond "criticism". They suggest cheap tabloid levels of baying for blood, and they pay precious little attention to the corrupt politician at the heart of the scandal.

Some potential mayoral candidates that come to mind:

- Ana Bailao: Relatively high profile former three-term councillor and Tory ally

Solid on policy, low on charisma, not particularly bold.

- Denzil Minnan Wong: Former long time councillor and deputy mayor; former PC candidate

His winning is a grotesque thought, his being the candidate for Council's right, might be the best hope Progressives have of winning.

- Karen Stintz: Former councillor, TTC chair and mayoral candidate; somewhat well known and has experience in private and NGO sectors

Interesting thought. I found a her a bit policy light in the past, also not particularly bold.

- Jill Andrew: NDP MPP with a rising profile; was very close to running for the ONDP leadership

Don't know enough to comment.

Edit to add: Personally, having reviewed her twitter, her legislative record, and her PhD dissertation, I find a great deal that is left wanting. I would not suggest her as a candidate.

- Mitzie Hunter: Liberal MPP and former education minister; former chair of Civic Action.

Great smile, centrist, high energy, not a boat-rocker, plays well with others; but also a Tory protege;

Last edited:
I never said she shouldn't be criticized.

I think the fact alone that she entered into a relationship with someone who they know is married is deserving of criticism, though much less than the person who was actually married.

Your posts go far, far and beyond "criticism". They suggest cheap tabloid levels of baying for blood, and they pay precious little attention to the corrupt politician at the heart of the scandal.
Yes, people have been banned from around here for FAR less.

Back