News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Just got a telephone poll on John Tory resigning.

Questions were something like. "do you think he should resign", "do you think he should finish out his term", "if he resigned and ran again in the election would you support", and "who did you vote for in the next election".

At this point, I don't think we are rid of him.

He was elected in October. The budget was put forward in his term.
Isn't the budget being put forth on Wednesday?

Which would mean the only reason it's in his term, is because he didn't resign when he announced he was going to resign.

That means he needs to resign RIGHT NOW.
Sigh. Tomorrow’s Tuesday. You can’t wait until Wednesday?

298u84.jpg

^^^^ This

As much as I am not one to appreciate Tory's tenure as Mayor; I don't think this scandal was the basis of a resignation.

However, if the Mayor has deemed it such; then it is; in which case, get out.

It is simply unreasonable to argue that you have failed the City and your family, blah blah, but you're sticking around to do this or that; or maybe not leaving at all after all, because on second thought it turns out this isn't such a bad thing......What on earth...

Sigh. Tomorrow’s Tuesday. You can’t wait until Wednesday?
They didn't say he'd resign at the beginning of the budget process. They said he'd resign at the end of the proces. Could be weeks.

If ever, as it's increasingly looking like the "resignation" on Friday was in concert with Navigator, as an attempt to accept responsibility, and then be begged to stay.

They didn't say he'd resign at the beginning of the budget process. They said he'd resign at the end of the proces. Could be weeks.

If ever, as it's increasingly looking like the "resignation" on Friday was in concert with Navigator, as an attempt to accept responsibility, and then be begged to stay.
Ugh. Navigator. Why is it always them?

As as side note to anything that matters, I noted the photo BlogTO selected for their Tory Story for the day:

1676344484357.png

And it just popped into my head...............there's such a resemblance to Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin:

1676344603172.png

Just got a telephone poll on John Tory resigning.

Questions were something like. "do you think he should resign", "do you think he should finish out his term", "if he resigned and ran again in the election would you support", and "who did you vote for in the next election".

At this point, I don't think we are rid of him.

Isn't the budget being put forth on Wednesday?

Which would mean the only reason it's in his term, is because he didn't resign when he announced he was going to resign.
He will never resign. Although he may go to work as a lobbyist for the PMO to strong arm the provinces into agreeing to a Digital ID program.

It is simply unreasonable to argue that you have failed the City and your family, blah blah, but you're sticking around to do this or that; or maybe not leaving at all after all, because on second thought it turns out this isn't such a bad thing......What on earth...
He's being disingenuous at best. Just like the reasoning behind his copaganda budget. He should just go.

If the action is bad enough to warrant stepping down, why would the resignation not take effect immediately? What kind of purgatory is this?
One of his own making. If Tory had broken the law he would be walked out. Clearly he wants to stay to pass his budget, and those that want him to leave now see an opportunity to stop the budget as the beginning of a leftist, progressive wave. But that‘s not going to happen, so we just have to wait until tomorrow…. or, gasp, a couple of weeks until the budget is locked in.

...that's a good thing. Non?
It would be the honest thing. Drop all the nonsense about if he's voluntarily stepping down due to a self-imposed code of conduct then he must go NOW! and instead just admit we want him gone so we can cancel the budget.

If a progressive mayor does take over they can direct the next city budget, as they would have had they replaced Tory in three years. Nothing is written in stone.

Last edited:

Back