News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There are from the Twitter account of U of T Prof. David Hulchanski. You might contact him about possibly running versions that filter out 65+ (which I assume could be done given that the underlying source is StatsCanada data). @Hulchanksi on Twitter or http://www.neighbourhoodchange.ca.

I put together a quick spreadsheet chart using the income data from that website. Here is the combined Metro Toronto income data for 1970-2025 (obviously the next 11 years are projections):

MetroTorontoIncomes_zpsaaf9c763.jpg

The obvious change is the wholesale destruction of the middle class, with a corresponding massive increase in people with low and very low incomes and a smaller increase in people with very high incomes.

Last edited:
The description for heritage right (and other ideologies) can be found here.
I thought Heritage Front and and associated that category with the worst of the worst, was repulsed, but I see now that it describes for them a kind of centre-right. On council, I might most closely align with Matlow, maybe leaning towards Wong-Tam on some issues, Robinson/Stintz on others. I was most enthusiastic about Soknacki last campaign. I'm presently bitching about cops on another thread so I don't see some of their description as that fitting. But maybe I value order and stability and see police in our time as a bit of a disruptive mob.

Using these categories, Tory might be Faith and Family Right? The Fords would be Steadfast Right with a streak of Libertarian? Council might be split mostly between Social Democratic Left and Faith and Family/ Heritage Right, with many councillors able to easily adapt any ideals to populism and pandering?

Interesting quiz, I guess I will have to stop being a centrist.

1417206967142.jpg

Anti-establishment Left

Along with 4% of Torontonians The Anti-establishment Left takes progressive views for the most part and is the most radical of any group. They generally believe that the current system is unable to address the most pressing social, economic and environmental issues of our time without undergoing a substantial transformation.The Anti-establishment Left tend to be critical of capitalism, which they see as promoting greed in lieu of compassion. They are highly supportive of unions as a means to ensure an equitable standard of living for everyone. They feel that it is not only the poor who are oppressed by the current system, but also the middle class. They therefore believe that government should play a stronger role in evening out the distribution of wealth within society.The Anti-establishment Left have the strongest sense of belonging to their local community of any group, but are among the least likely to identify strongly with religious or traditional family values. The Anti-establishment Left are tolerant of religious and cultural diversity, but believe in the strict separation of religion and state. - See more at: http://sentimeter.thestar.com/#/results/5be00704-7eae-4e77-94d5-8a435e26ec23

Attachments

• 1417206967142.jpg
    1417206967142.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
I got Social-Democrat on the quiz but upon reading over Laissez-Faire Left, I feel the description of Laissez-Faire Left nailed my views.

Interestingly, in the TorStar Mayoral Election compass, they put me towards the left of Olivia Chow.

I put together a quick spreadsheet chart using the income data from that website. Here is the combined Metro Toronto income data for 1970-2025 (obviously the next 11 years are projections):

MetroTorontoIncomes_zpsaaf9c763.jpg

The obvious change is the wholesale destruction of the middle class, with a corresponding massive increase in people with low and very low incomes and a smaller increase in people with very high incomes.

Despite its hasty nature that is a very compelling, and troubling, graphic.

I got Social-Democrat on the quiz but upon reading over Laissez-Faire Left, I feel the description of Laissez-Faire Left nailed my views.

Interestingly, in the TorStar Mayoral Election compass, they put me towards the left of Olivia Chow.

Laissez-faire left for me. Pretty much exactly represents my views.

Just as Mayor Frod danced to "One Love", would Mayor Troy lead Council in a "Dr. Zaius" singalong?

I got Social Democratic Left!

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, Liberal, fanatical, criminal. :eek:

politcalsentimeter2.PNG

Attachments

• politcalsentimeter2.PNG
    politcalsentimeter2.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 595

The Star compass pegged me as more progressive and left Than Chow, and my wife more so.

Social democratic left with a bit of a skew towards collectivist and radical attitudes. Sounds about right.

Disappointed to see that 25% of Torontonians fit this profile. I'd hoped to be a bit more, you know, exclusive.

Laissez-faire left for me. Pretty much exactly represents my views.

Yah, I think my views on income inequality and the environment pushes me a bit more left, but the quiz did say that Laissez-Faire Left was my next best fit.

Back