News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Last edited:
Wow, why am I still surprised to find out new reasons as to why Rob Fraud was a terrible, useless, bumbaclot of a mayor?

He didn't attend those meetings? Probably too busy getting high on various substances to attend them.

Wow, why am I still surprised to find out new reasons as to why Rob Fraud was a terrible, useless, bumbaclot of a mayor?

He didn't attend those meetings? Probably too busy getting high on various substances to attend them.

I was pretty shocked to find out Rob didn't attend too. How do you not, as the mayor of the largest city at that table?!

How many other things has Mayor Ford or a mayor's delegate not attended? We probably lost four years of promoting our image at the national and international level.

The crackpipe and the damage done.

I was pretty shocked to find out Rob didn't attend too. How do you not, as the mayor of the largest city at that table?!

How many other things has Mayor Ford or a mayor's delegate not attended? We probably lost four years of promoting our image at the national and international level.

The crackpipe and the damage done.

Probably for the best, given that the one time he did attend, 2014, he was mostly shunned. So he sloughed off to see the RedBlacks' stadium. Where he was refused admittance. So he and his posse hit the bar. Success!

This meeting will be good for Tory and Tory-onto. Tory will be right at home with Nenshi, Robertson et. al. And 'United-City' front may be impossible for the Feds to dismiss. So, Go Mayors!

I for one am very proud of Toronto right now. Seeing mayors like Tory and Nenshi working together is great!

They made an interesting point that despite the vast majority of people living in cities, they don't have that much representation in the House Of Commons. Being an election year, whoever wants to be PM needs to focus on those people who live in cities.

Last edited:
haha, yes, the one time Ford did go to the mayors meeting he ducked out at the first break to go to the football stadium and then a brew pub.
the funniest part though was when he was at the actual meeting all of the other mayors had assistants, stacks of documents and binders and laptops on their desks ready for a day of intense work... Ford showed up absolutely empty handed and just sat at his empty desk staring blankly.

Now the fun begins:

Tory welcomes Big City mayors to Toronto
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/04/tory-welcomes-big-city-mayors-to-toronto

Heh, useless Fraud just needs a quip:

Asked if he thought the meetings were effective Tuesday, Ford said his opinion remained the same.

“Have they (worked) in the past? No. That’s why I didn’t participate in them.”

Because 10+ years of playing angry lone wolf + 4 years of utterly failing to keep Council in check has worked wonders for the city and Ward 2, eh?

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/04/build-the-scarborough-lrt-and-subways

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Gordon Chong - Rob Ford's subway expert & John Tory supporter - now in favour of building the Scarborough LRT http://ow.ly/ICrMW #TOpoli

He's pushing a Sheppard Subway extension but you have to read to the end of the article to pick that up.

The Sheppard subway should be extended in both directions to complete the connection from Etobicoke to Scarborough, providing the needed essential redundancy for the long term.

Why? Because, it’s the right thing to do.

Last edited:
He's pushing a Sheppard Subway extension but you have to read to the end of the article to pick that up.

If Scarborough and its politicians want a damn subway, I would be happy with this arrangement. Restoring the Scarborough LRT would ensure cost-efficient rapid transit all the way to Malvern. Subway extensions east and west would be in line with The Big Move, and eliminate transfers.

No it wouldn't. Sheppard is a much lower ridership corridor than Scarborough, and would cost roughly $3 billion more than the current plan compared to the Scarborough subway which "only" costs around $1 billion more.

Scarborough eliminates a transfer too.

Back