News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So. when does the "John Tory Must Go" group start? People seems as mad at him as they were towards Rob.

Do you really think so? Animosity towards Tory is focused on his bad policy-making; people's anger at Ford was about his complete disrespect of the office. As foolish as Ford's policies were, no one called for his resignation until he was caught on video smoking crack. Big difference.

No one is going to seriously call for Tory's resignation unless he violates a moral expectation (e.g., backroom dealing). I would say the bigger risk for Tory is coming to be viewed as a relic from a bygone era with no vision, and as a weak and ineffectual leader. (I don't think thats true, but Tory sure doesn't do himself any favours).

Do you really think so? Animosity towards Tory is focused on his bad policy-making; people's anger at Ford was about his complete disrespect of the office. As foolish as Ford's policies were, no one called for his resignation until he was caught on video smoking crack. Big difference.

No one is going to seriously call for Tory's resignation unless he violates a moral expectation (e.g., backroom dealing). I would say the bigger risk for Tory is coming to be viewed as a relic from a bygone era with no vision, and as a weak and ineffectual leader. (I don't think thats true, but Tory sure doesn't do himself any favours).

I wasn't being 100% serious about it. Many are calling him Ford-lite, which I don't totally agree with, hence my musing.

As I see it, most people that are mad at Tory is because he is not (so far) the messiah who will lead them out of bondage in Ford Nation's land.

Sounds about right.

I suspect that feeling is mostly limited to those who follow city hall closely on Twitter though.

I agree. Twitter hates him, but the general electorate may be less furious.

Should be remembered that out of the eligible voters, only 64.3% bothered to vote. Of those who actually voted, only 40.3% actually voted for John Tory himself. That works out to be 25.9% of the eligible voters wanted John Tory. 35.7% of the eligible voters didn't care who got in.

With the survey polls, they should have asked "did you vote in the last city election"? And maybe, as well, "will you actually vote in the next election"?

There is the federal funding. Now for the provincial.
[/QUOTE]

The provincial government is already funding Regional Express Rail, which is basically the same thing. The province is providing the vast majority of the funding for "SmartTrack" already. SmartTrack will almost certainly use the alternative route that goes from Woodbine Racetrack to Pearson Airport to Airport Corporate Centre, and end up replacing the UP Express (the Eglinton West route is not feasible). This will cost a couple billion, and then there is the fairly low cost of adding additional stations along the line such as the station serving the Unilever site. The cost (not including Regional Express Rail) will be far less than $8 billion.

Harper says he's funding SmartTrack because it's more developed, advanced, and further along than the DRL. (omg)

Ya, the only advanced planning I've seen to date is this piece of paper.

map.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Attachments

• map.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
    map.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 459
Don't go thinking that Harper's offer is sincere. It's pure electioneering to make him look friendly to the 'urban agenda'. He won't honour this if reelected. This is all pure crud.

Officially the province if they meet all costs for STrack and the SSE it will cost them ~4.8 Billion in Toronto. Fun times ahead!

The DRL statements are hilarious since the plan is decades old in one form or another due to political games, so why not include STrack in all the fun.

So far Tory has held his promises to deal with transit infrastructure, lets see what Wynne has to say next since the ball(s) are in her corner. (yes, the pun was intended)

Stephen Harper promises billions for SmartTrack plan
The announcement comes ahead of the federal election in which Harper will need GTA seats to get re-elected.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2015/06/18/stephen-harper-to-promise-smarttrack-funding.html

Hilarious to see Tory flip-flop, endorse carding and ultimately allow it to continue.

What a sniveling little coward.

Back