News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Adding the Malvern LRT is great, but Tory still needs to justify why a one-stop subway extension is better for Scarberians than using the cash to build the grade-separated Scarborough LRT + Sheppard LRT. If you look at the city's presentation showing transit usage there's a lot of value to linking Sheppard East with STC.
On the slide with everything you will notice there is also the Durham BRT, enhanced buses for Finch and Lawrence and a dog leg from the SLRT to the STC as well as one linking up the SLRT and UTSC.

Half a dozen replies to my question and almost none much any policy (he was voted as the world's best mayor, he won in Conservative Calgary, he reached out to people, look at his Wikipedia page etc.)

I don't think lamenting "where's our Nenshi?" is very productive, personally.

1. Led Calgary through its most devastating natural disaster ever and was well-received on both the crisis management and rebuilding side.

2. Under his watch the east end of downtown has been redeveloped (finally).

3. Leads his council. Gets things passed. And has remained very popular. Don't knock it - it's a skill.

I'm guessing that the reason John Tory comes into city hall around 7AM (that's morning, Rob), is that John actually is giving time to read reports, discuss changes, and really work until the late hours. Instead of being stubborn, he can actually accept input from the experts.

I'll bet John Tory does not have photographs taped to his office computer's monitor.
rob-ford-returning-phone-calls-in-what-appears-to-be-his-city-hall-office.jpg

And his computer would actually be on, with the keyboard actually in front of him.

Then why does he refuse to follow that input; i.e. the Gardiner?
Tory knows he is entitled to his own opinion just like anyone else on counsel, for good or bad. Ford on the other hand made summary decisions and threw tantrums when there was any opposition, and bullied when he felt he had the upper hand.

Last edited:

Back