News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Moeser did a disservice by running in 2014 (registering almost at the last minute, too) despite a poor attendance record in the 2010-2014 term. If he was ill, he should have stepped aside then; he certainly was beyond retirement age in any case.

At this point, it doesn't matter anymore, but I felt it needed to be said as everyone is eulogizing.

Moeser did a disservice by running in 2014 (registering almost at the last minute, too) despite a poor attendance record in the 2010-2014 term. If he was ill, he should have stepped aside then; he certainly was beyond retirement age in any case.

At this point, it doesn't matter anymore, but I felt it needed to be said as everyone is eulogizing.
To think he has a great pension plan and never got to draw upon it. I mean councillor at 74! To me that says the job is not tough and salary too good to pass up and they are basically living the life of being retired anyways with the hours (lack of) councillors keep. Perhaps the downtown councillors are more busy due to developments but it really means attending meetings

To think he has a great pension plan and never got to draw upon it. I mean councillor at 74! To me that says the job is not tough and salary too good to pass up and they are basically living the life of being retired anyways with the hours (lack of) councillors keep. Perhaps the downtown councillors are more busy due to developments but it really means attending meetings
I've lived in the ward for over 30 years and he should've retired long before he got sick (again). He wasn't about to give up the full pay, no work gig. A couple of years ago he bought a $100,000 Audi and had "Ward 44" plates on it. Absolutely clueless.

We really should implement term limits on councilors.

Of course that would have to come from the Province, as the councilors won't vote themselves out of a job.

I think it's more likely that it's a job that can be easy if you make it easy. Just as one example, have you seen the amount of reading material the cllrs are supposed to read before meetings? And at budget time, it's binders and binders full. But I would bet that certain councillors don't even crack it open. Just from watching council, you can tell by the questions and comments, which cllrs have done the work and which haven't. Not all cllrs are useless asses like Mammo or Jimmy K.

I've suggested it before (for Cho's seat?) and I still suggest it: if it's an appointment rather than an election, why not David Soknacki?

Why not Doug Ford? :)

I'd likely say the best appointment would be someone from the Councillors office. That best ensures consistency of policy and philosophy with the person who was elected.

Why not Doug Ford? :)

I'd likely say the best appointment would be someone from the Councillors office. That best ensures consistency of policy and philosophy with the person who was elected.

I agree. I've spoken with his "assistant" Cal many times, he's been doing Ron's job for years. ;)

Although it got fair mention in the Globe and Star (haven't checked the Post papers), Tory's smack-down on funding has passed with remarkably little comment, at least so far. His hope is being pinned on follow-on announcements from QP, but that may not be coming. QP might be considering going around him to deliver badly needed transit to Toronto, and doing it as Metrolinx, tying it into regional plans wherever possible.

It's an interesting development, and it's not surprising. Tory is used to building castles in the sky, and having others pay for it.

I've lived in the ward for over 30 years and he should've retired long before he got sick (again). He wasn't about to give up the full pay, no work gig. A couple of years ago he bought a $100,000 Audi and had "Ward 44" plates on it. Absolutely clueless.

Funny how those who rant about "nobody (municipal workers) should expect to have a Job For Life" seem to believe they have a civic duty to hold a Job Till Death's Door.

Pre-amalgamation I worked on a small social housing townhouse project behind a strip mall in his ward that OHC had tried to develop for 30 years. All we needed was a site plan approval and he made us do a "consultation" process as if it were a rezoning. After public meetings the adult kids still living with their parents, the objectors, stayed behind to ask how to get applications. Moeser interfered with the Scarborough planning staff to delay, delay, delay and council imposed last minute "conditions" meant to sterilize the site. We had to go to the OMB, and fortunately the Board was transparent in its contempt of the City's process and its lawyer.

Back