News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 4m4 minutes ago
Councillor @jimkarygiannis questioning the meeting schedule with Orthodox Christmas scheduled for Jan. 7, 2015 #TOpoli

Ottawa doesn't miss him.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 23s23 seconds ago
Now Clr. Mammoliti stands up to back up Clr. Karygiannis' Orthodox Christmas concern. It appears alliances have formed.

Sigh...

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 39s40 seconds ago
Council votes 44-0 to keep city manager Joe Pennachetti until April (he was supposed to retire last month) #TOpoli

Last edited:
Great, we have two Mammolitis in council now.

I really went, wtf?? when I heard that. Even Tory was confused and asked him to clarify.

He used to be my MP and was absentee as I recall, but why the WTF with this, there are thousands of orthodox and Ukrainian Catholics who do celebrate/take that day off in Toronto, but, now that I think about it I thought the Greek Orthodox switched to the modern calendar, to which I too would be saying WTF?

ETA looks like I was wrong, Greek Orthodox also Jan 7,

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 6s7 seconds ago
Mayor Tory asks for further nominations for a speaker. Crickets.

If they don't want her, nominate someone else!

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 8s8 seconds ago
Council votes 38 to 6 to make Frances Nunziata speaker again #TOpoli

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 14s15 seconds ago
Nunziata becomes the speaker for council with Cressy, Davis, Fletcher, Layton, Perks and Wong-Tam voting against her.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 39s39 seconds ago
Ford is back in habit he adopted as mayor of asking for repeated recorded votes. And so, Carroll becomes deputy speaker by unanimous vote.

Last edited:
Funny how the left voted no for Nunziata, and not a single person on the right voted no for Carroll.

It not a left or right thing. It's a Nunziata has shown to be absolutely incompetent for the job.

Nunziata had four years to show her ability for the job and failed but gets it again. Great "change of culture" Tory.

He used to be my MP and was absentee as I recall, but why the WTF with this, there are thousands of orthodox and Ukrainian Catholics who do celebrate/take that day off in Toronto, but, now that I think about it I thought the Greek Orthodox switched to the modern calendar, to which I too would be saying WTF?

ETA looks like I was wrong, Greek Orthodox also Jan 7,

No, Greek Orthodox Christmas is December 25th, Easter is a whole other story.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
According to Mayor John Tory's itinerary, he's announcing his "plan to cut traffic congestion" tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. #TOpoli
Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Also, that information came by itinerary to press gallery - which Tory promised to send on the daily.

How can this not be seen as an improvement?

Back