News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So first of all I'm a fan of either of these designs and I look forward to seeing this built.

Quick question though, and this is based off of an opinion I read on Twitter a day ago.

Wouldn't it be better to have a crosswalk at the top of the hill instead of one of these proposals. It would cost so much less.
(Again this isn't my opinion)

Even if one of these options are completed, I'm sure that won't stop some yahoos from jaywalking across 100 St.

A bit of a poor take on this.

Make everything safer and more efficient, not less. The idea of a crossing at the top is outrageously wrong for a myriad of reasons including unnecessary disruption, poor sightlines and overall safety issues.

This proposal will be an amazing new viewpoint, attraction and makes the flow of people and traffic that much better.

A bit of a poor take on this.

Make everything safer and more efficient, not less. The idea of a crossing at the top is outrageously wrong for a myriad of reasons including unnecessary disruption, poor sightlines and overall safety issues.

This proposal will be an amazing new viewpoint, attraction and makes the flow of people and traffic that much better.
I agree with you 100%; I think pandering to "car culture" would be doing exactly what the naysayers seem to want: Slapping a crosswalk that pedestrians and cyclists are forced to use, which both slows down their travels and makes them vulnerable to unsafe drivers.

These concepts look great! It's really cool to see a progression of plans and developments for this node, it's such a great spot. If only the walk from Churchill didn't feel so hostile.

I really appreciate that the bridge designs have a clearly separated cycling lane - I was worried if it was too homogenous then you'd end up with people stumbling into the travel path while taking in the view.

I took the Insight survey.
I'm fine with either option 2 or 3. But for all 3 options the chain link fencing is a non-starter. Replace the fencing with the glass that's used at the Frederick Todd Lookout.
The images in the actual survey don't seem to have the chainlink fencing. I wonder why their renders aren't consistent, seems like a big oversight.

Looking at the comments from CTV Edmonton’s Facebook site, many of their members never seem happy.

Looking at the comments from CTV Edmonton’s Facebook site, many of their members never seem happy.

News article comments sections are the 10th circle of hell 👿

Back