News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

But does the cost of paint come anywhere close to breaking their budget? No.
Also, it would suggest that Metrolinx was executing its portion of the contract in bad faith and that could set the stage for the City of Toronto / TTC to make its own complaints with the courts. Very clearly, if there is no intent to maintain the contract, by either party, prior to the signing of the contract, there is no reason to enter into a contract. Nothing good will come from daily posturing.

Oh my goodness, who's doing the posturing. Don't be silly, it's just a bit of paint. Let's not be mindlessly conservative.

Haha! Nice attempt at misrepresenting my overall comment by taking sentences from the middle of different paragraphs and splicing them together into one quote.

Oh my goodness... I just called you out on it!

So you did, I guess.

Listen, if you want to talk about operations of the line, then have a look at the TTC-Metrolinx master agreement. When you actually know something, get back to us. Meanwhile, happy trolling.

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but one potential oversight with the LRV design is the lack of luggage storage for the ECLRT. There are only a handful of seats with spaces for storage underneath. The very narrow gangway may also be an issue. It would have been nice to have a more accommodating design, similar to the Montréal Metro.

It also has quite a narrow gangway ... not sure why that's a concern on the Eglinton line but not in Montreal.

That's an understatement. When I went to the mockup it like only two people can be in the gangway at once and only one person between the seats above the wheels. It feels are extremely cramped. I'm worried that it may come back to bite us in a few decades if capacity becomes an issue. It would have been nice to see something as spacious as the Montreal Metro cars. I really wish we didn't go for 100% low floors, at least for the ECLRT.

That's an understatement. When I went to the mockup it like only two people can be in the gangway at once and only one person between the seats above the wheels. It feels are extremely cramped. I'm worried that it may come back to bite us in a few decades if capacity becomes an issue. It would have been nice to see something as spacious as the Montreal Metro cars. I really wish we didn't go for 100% low floors, at least for the ECLRT.

First off, these cars are not 100% lowfloor from my point of view as the floor slope all over the place considering what I rode in Europe last year.

Stadler and Siemens have true 100% flat lowfloor cars. Alstom has 100% lowfloor car and some of them have slopping floors.

Some lowfloor cars I rode also were only 75% to 45% lowfloor that service the airport and they didn't have luggage racks on them.

End of the day, 100% lowfloor cars with a flat floor is the way to go, but since the new cars aren't flat, still the way to go.

As for the gangway, Stadler was the only one with a larger opening with the rest being what we are getting.

This design will bit us down the road from what I have seen of it as well rode in Europe.

Croyton New Stadler LRV with area for accessibility on the left with stroller and other objects on the right. No seats in these areas.
7853259406_a1e70c7cda_b.jpg

TTC New 4400 LRV
8470416581_d30538c93c_b.jpg

Luggage can be store in this section assign for stroller and bikes on 4400. Fare machine sits on that small area.
8471505490_200fa82655_b.jpg

That's an understatement. When I went to the mockup it like only two people can be in the gangway at once and only one person between the seats above the wheels. It feels are extremely cramped. I'm worried that it may come back to bite us in a few decades if capacity becomes an issue. It would have been nice to see something as spacious as the Montreal Metro cars.
The Montreal Metro cars are only 2.5 metres wide, and have 4-across seating (at least on the current cars). The Transit City vehicles are 2.65 metres wide, have thinner walls, and appear to have (not surprisingly) slightly wider aisles than in Montreal (where you are lucky to get two people in the gangway!).

I'm not sure what your point is here!

The Montreal Metro cars are only 2.5 metres wide, and have 4-across seating (at least on the current cars). The Transit City vehicles are 2.65 metres wide, have thinner walls, and appear to have (not surprisingly) slightly wider aisles than in Montreal (where you are lucky to get two people in the gangway!).

I'm not sure what your point is here!

They may also have fold-able seats on the light rail cars like them have on the Toronto Rocket heavy rail cars.

IMG_2023C.jpg

The recommendation by the Region of Waterloo council on the purchase of LRVs: HERE

Important points:
  • the assignment by Metrolinx to the Region of the option to
    purchase up to twenty-eight (28) Bombardier light rail vehicles (“LRVsâ€)
  • LRV supply terms and conditions with Bombardier based on an initial order of fourteen (14)
    Bombardier LRVs for the Region (“ROW LRVsâ€) as assigned by Metrolinx to the Region
    together with terms governing the future exercise by the Region of options to purchase up to
    an additional fourteen (14) ROW LRVs;
  • The contract price for the purchase by the Region of its initial 14 LRVs is $64.3 million
    ($4.59M/vehicle), plus applicable taxes.
  • An additional contingency of $11M for potential
    changes to the vehicles and a letter of credit with a cost of $2M are also being provided. The
    Region will also purchase special tools, equipment and spare parts from Bombardier with an
    allowance of $7M and $6.5M respectively for each.
  • The production of LRVs for the Region will begin in 2014 with the first vehicle delivered to
    Regional facilities in July, 2016 and the fourteenth vehicle in December, 2016.
  • A full-scale model of the LRT vehicle is scheduled to arrive in Waterloo Region for a media
    event at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 12, where Council will unveil the LRT vehicle to local media
    and key stakeholders in front of the Regional Headquarters.
    The following day, Saturday, July 13 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., residents will be invited to tour the uly 10, 2013 Report: E-13-070/F-13-050
    1401028 Page 7 of 12
    LRT vehicle at Regional Headquarters.

Slightly important: the Region's estimated cost for vehicles was $100 million. The total they'll be paying will be $65.5 million, plus $14 million for the tools, and $11 million for contingency. That leaves $9.5 million out of the vehicle cost project ($20.5 million if the contingency isn't used). :D

I saw the Flexity Freedom mockup again today in the CNE grounds. This time it's close to the Dufferin Gates entrance. So I guess the mockup will appear at the CNE for another 7-8 years until one of them finally enters service!

Won't they have several dozen of the real thing sitting around uselessly for years because Frod's shenanigans delayed construction of the lines they would have been used on? Perhaps they can be temporarily used as long, skinny school portables.

Back