News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow thats really nice. I like it, though I think the green probably isn't necessary. Since the line is a part of the ttc network (And the east/west extensions might not even be a metrolinx project), I don't think metrolinx branding is super important.

Wow thats really nice. I like it, though I think the green probably isn't necessary. Since the line is a part of the ttc network (And the east/west extensions might not even be a metrolinx project), I don't think metrolinx branding is super important.

I don't think the TTC is likely to get a say in what color they are and they are probably likely to be in Metrolinx colors. Remember the TTC is only beg contacted to provide drivers, because they put up a stink about providing shuttle buses if the line had problems.

I don't think the TTC is likely to get a say in what color they are and they are probably likely to be in Metrolinx colors. Remember the TTC is only beg contacted to provide drivers, because they put up a stink about providing shuttle buses if the line had problems.
Metrolinx may not go for Metrolinx colors even without TTC's input - the renders for the Hamilton LRT show the vehicles in Hamilton HRT colors.

But that might just be for the renders, I'll admit.

Metrolinx may not go for Metrolinx colors even without TTC's input - the renders for the Hamilton LRT show the vehicles in Hamilton HRT colors.

But that might just be for the renders, I'll admit.

Maybe but I think Metrolinx may want to brand it as their own just like they are doing with Go transit

Toronto Civic Railway cars were green. When they merged with the then new Toronto Transportation Commission, they were switched to red.

250px-HCRY-Toronto-Civic-Railways.jpg

I'll find it stupid for a TTC service operated by TTC to not future any TTC resemblance. It'll look like it doesn't belong in the system and confusing to occasional/tourist riders if the line is uses TTC fare or not.

The all-blue trains on Line 3 don't have much TTC resemblance either. Is there any evidence that it has created confusion?

The all-blue trains on Line 3 don't have much TTC resemblance either. Is there any evidence that it has created confusion?
The SRT was always there. The Eglinton line will be new. I think there should be some sort of visible indication that this is a TTC service. Especially the surface section. If the want new users to find it. I wonder what Metrolinx will display at every surface stop. If the TTC logo is no where to be found on the stops, trains and tickets (since they own everything), new riders will questions if the line is part of the TTC. A common red colour will help.

Twice now when discussing the ECLRT with family, once they've seen green LRVs, I've been asked "why are the trains green", "is it TTC" and "can I pay TTC fare". Branding is important. Metrolinx needs to get this right. Maybe hire one of their fancy consultant friends to figure it out.

The Crosstown trains will look just like the renderings (so will Waterloo's). While Crosstown will have green accents, ion will have blue. The inside of the doors will also be this colour, solid from top to bottom. And so on - all future Metrolinx LRT lines will have this colour scheme.

I also just recently found out that Waterloo's trains will also have the "GO/TTC" chime (which is really the UTDC chime...).

The Crosstown trains will look just like the renderings (so will Waterloo's). While Crosstown will have green accents, ion will have blue. The inside of the doors will also be this colour, solid from top to bottom. And so on - all future Metrolinx LRT lines will have this colour scheme.

I also just recently found out that Waterloo's trains will also have the "GO/TTC" chime (which is really the UTDC chime...).
Thus the Eglinton, Finch West and Hurontario LRT lines all will look the same. Someone will question why they'll have different fare systems and no transfer discounts to GO Trains which are also Metrolinx trains. Unless of course Metrolinx changes their mind on the fare discount, that's something Queen's Park have to fund.

Thanks. It seems like Metrolinx is pretty keen on having their identity represented on the LRVs. As far as I know, the current livery on the mock up is what will be used on the LRVs. I believe it's important that the TTC's branding is represented in some way as well given the LRT's connection to the system and fares. That's the reasoning behind the design I came up with.

Back