News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

In an email to the Star, Lefebvre said that Bombardier is on track to deliver the vehicles in time for the LRT lines to begin service on schedule.

He said company plans to supply the first pilot vehicle next month, which would give the company 18 months to conduct vehicle testing that normally takes half that time. Full production of the fleet would begin in the spring of 2018.

We'll see, in August or September for the first delivery... or not.

It's pretty obvious.
They are totally incompetent.

I don't know I wonder if they are watching how complet kitchner is right now after all the prototype is supposed to be tested there its' not like Metrolinks has a secret testing facility they have built somewhere.

Yeah, as a Kitchenerite, I see all this fretting about "oh no, I hope they actually start production in 2019!" and laugh. A nervous, pained, laugh.

We need these exact same vehicles, and we want them done in 2017. Our date is already slipping to 2018 because of them. We are going to have tracks in the ground, ready to go, and nothing to run for a confirmed 4 months already. We have no luxury of waiting until 2019 for a production ramp-up.

Yeah, as a Kitchenerite, I see all this fretting about "oh no, I hope they actually start production in 2019!" and laugh. A nervous, pained, laugh.

We need these exact same vehicles, and we want them done in 2017. Our date is already slipping to 2018 because of them. We are going to have tracks in the ground, ready to go, and nothing to run for a confirmed 4 months already. We have no luxury of waiting until 2019 for a production ramp-up.

You should write your MPP and city representatives.

This snake oil company is jeopardizing key projects all across this province and they are becoming a serious, serious problem. We need to keep the pressure on them.

You should write your MPP and city representatives.
Our representatives are actually quite on the ball about this.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6677484-lrt-rollout-delayed-bombardier-blamed/
"What's of particular concern to me and I suspect to the rest of council as well — is another shoe going to drop?" Coun. Tom Galloway said.
Coun. Sean Strickland said there needs to be public reporting about what's happening.

"The other thing that we have yet to determine is, of course, the ramifications for the financing model for the LRT and that needs to be determined when we get more details from Bombardier," he said.
Regular check-ins is scheduled going forward.

Officials are skeptical Bombardier will actually deliver.

"From what I've seen they are absolutely taking this seriously, they're committed to delivering this schedule," Schmidt said. "Having said that we need to see the vehicles delivered and until they have done that we have every right to be skeptical."

It's not. But powerful people who control lots of money can get things done.

Near as I can tell Bombardier already got told in a very strong manner late last year to fix it or else; and they've set about trying to fix it (as of May). Unfortunately, tooling factory lines is normally a 12 to 18 month process. Since quality was the issue, they'll be taking some extra care to ensure the new lines are setup correctly.

In short, it'll be a while before we know whether the Mexico facility was the actual problem or not. Probably be very late 2017 or early 2018 before we see the first non-Mexico frames coming out of the plant in Thunder Bay.

Last edited:
I am at a lost why it taking so long for testing on a supposed off the shelf model that is in service around the world

That's one thing I'm wondering. The Outlook I can understand being a finicky product, considering the unique specs. But I was under the impression the Flexity Freedom was about as 'off-the-shelf' an LRV as one could get.

Back