News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Any provision for a connection to a future Bolton GO Emery Station (Weston Road)?

See link.
1674232564381.png

Emery Station (Finch Avenue)
The initial station facility site proposed for the Emery Station was located south of Finch Avenue West and East of Weston Road in the
Emery Village Secondary Plan area. However, the site was subsequently redesignated for other uses by the City. The new site is located
in the same vicinity but situated south of Finch Avenue.

During a joint meeting with the City of Toronto and TTC, it was noted that the Finch LRT project and associated improvements are
among the priority Transit City projects. The City indicated an interest in widening the bridge span over Finch Avenue, to expand the
road cross-section. Pedestrian bridges are being considered in the area to improve connectivity across Finch. A development proposal for
1,500 residential units in the southwest quadrant of the rail / road crossing was also noted.

The City is also interested in the development of a GO station with established pedestrian walkways between the station and Finch
Avenue. Station access roads can be established from Weston Road. The station facilities can be placed adjacent to the rail corridor.
The LRT alignment is expected to be in the centre of the Finch Avenue and there will be stops at the adjacent signalized intersections
immediately east and west of the rail corridor.

The station will be located in the northeast corner of the subject site, which will minimize the length of the connecting pedestrian
pathways to the LRT stations. The station platform will be located on the west side of the railway corridor for service option 1 and will
be situated immediately south of the bridge structure over Finch Avenue. The optimal location for the station platform under service
options 2 and 3 would be located on the east side of the rail corridor.

The Emery Village Transportation Master Plan, currently being prepared by iTrans, recommends significant road network improvements
in this area. Based on the recommended road network plan, dated May 2009, the subject site will have very good accessibility. The
Emery station would be bound by new roads to the south and west, allowing for a good driveway layout (up to three driveways could
be provided) and accessibility to the arterial road network. The new proposed road 2C2 that will run along the south boundary of the
Emery station will provide a signalized access to Weston Road and Arrow Road. In order to enable extension of the proposed road 2C2
to Arrow Road, located east from the railway, a new underpass structure is proposed located immediately south of the Emery station.
The station will have also access to two additional signalized intersections on Weston Road. No direct access to Finch Avenue will be
provided. However, Finch Avenue could be easily accessed via Weston Road and Arrow Road.

No, but provisions for above ground at-grade LRT's aren't really that necessary. It wont change much
Realistically it's more about them designing convenient sidewalk access to the GO station than anything to do with the LRT line. As long as they do that, it'll be fine.

If there's a Surface LRT-transfer to GO Station connection that's likely going to be poorly designed, it's the Eglinton East LRT and Guildwood GO (assuming the stop is located at Celeste Dr as previously proposed).

Any provision for a connection to a future Bolton GO Emery Station (Weston Road)?

See link.
View attachment 451503

The highlighted area has been developed into a condo complex so it would be a) not be the location of a station but b) an ideal location for an intermodal station given it and the density surrounding it

The highlighted area has been developed into a condo complex so it would be a) not be the location of a station but b) an ideal location for an intermodal station given it and the density surrounding it
That's why we should be asking for a "provision" for a future connection. Don't want to send up with another Dundas West TTC Station/Bloor GO an UPX station connection fiasco. The proposed condos should be able to rough-in spaces for it. In the meantime, rent out the space as self-storage units, until needed.

Last edited:
That's why we should be asking for a "provision" for a future connection. Don't want to send up with another Dundas West TTC Station/Bloor GO an UPX station connection fiasco. The proposed condos should be able to rough-in spaces for it. In the meantime, rent out the space as self-storage units, until needed.
I thought I saw somewhere in one of the documents that they may also consider a station on the north side where the commercial units are. I also believe in the history books there used to be some sort of station there as well.

Edit: here is the old one looks like it was just a flag station https://emeryvillagevoice.ca/Yesterday-and-Today--EV-s-Train-Stations

Last edited:
I don't like either of them.

Is asking for a bit of colour in our infrastructure asking for too much? In an era of decay and hopelessness, why must everything, from transit vehicles to condo buildings, seek to match that vibe?

I mention the colours in my latest video as I had a walk around the outside of the MSF. I thought we should match the highlight colour (the lighter grey part) with the line colour.

Hope you enjoy the video..

the highlight color does match the line colour

1674927488679.png

unfortunate that the line color is so drab

Back