News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Is there only a limited supply of these presto cards, or will they be around for a while?

Davisville Station is now PRESTO Enabled. Museum and Queen Stations are left for implementation in Wave 1. We will further information on the PRESTO roll out on surface routes and stations tomorrow at the TTC Board Meeting at 10:30AM. They will also be presented with a plan for implementation of the new PRESTO faregates across the TTC. Hopefully it's reasonable.

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...O_Board_Report_for_June_22_2015_meeting_3.pdf

^it is interesting but wasn't Museum one of the first wave 1 stations to be wired for Presto? I recall a discussion here where some (me included) were under the false impression that that project would end with active Presto at Museum....and that was way back.....just funny how we are down to two stations left and it is one of them.

^it is interesting but wasn't Museum one of the first wave 1 stations to be wired for Presto? I recall a discussion here where some (me included) were under the false impression that that project would end with active Presto at Museum....and that was way back.....just funny how we are down to two stations left and it is one of them.

If I recall correctly, Museum was used for testing of PRESTO, and I believe Metrolinx/PRESTO promised PRESTO readers at Museum a while back but never came. Correct me if I am wrong....

Museum was used for testing the wiring upgrades the TTC needed. There was no promise of Presto there before July 2015. A target they may likely still meet, given that the only other station still coming for that date is Queen.

No more tokens and paper tickets by 2017 - fare collectors will become customer service reps.

AoD

If they remove the booths completely then it seems that you could have even more space for fare gates, which theoretically would mean higher passenger throughput, I'd assume?

I find it interesting that for the stations where they installed Presto readers recently, it's only a few gates that have them. I guess because it's a temporary measure?

any word on what the new fare gates will look like? I think Andy Byford talked at one point about wanting ones similar to the ones in London.

If they remove the booths completely then it seems that you could have even more space for fare gates, which theoretically would mean higher passenger throughput, I'd assume?

I find it interesting that for the stations where they installed Presto readers recently, it's only a few gates that have them. I guess because it's a temporary measure?

perhaps...but also because during this interim step Presto will be a small portion of the payments and it makes sense to spread out the available machines over more stations......so more stations with a few presto gates gives far more presto coverage than if they had it at fewer stations with all gates available to Presto

If they remove the booths completely then it seems that you could have even more space for fare gates, which theoretically would mean higher passenger throughput, I'd assume? I find it interesting that for the stations where they installed Presto readers recently, it's only a few gates that have them. I guess because it's a temporary measure?

Probably, though I can't imagine they'd remove all the booths since the station attendant will still have to be somewhere to monitor the platforms and assist customers. A switch away from turnstiles, as well as moving to readers with lower latency and more customer familiarization should lead to higher throughput in any case. They really need to think about the ergonomics of the gates/readers with a little bit more care.

AoD

any word on what the new fare gates will look like? I think Andy Byford talked at one point about wanting ones similar to the ones in London.

there was a pdf document many pages back showing the proposed design
does anyone have a link for convenience's sake?

Back