News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I know someone from STC will be very VERY happy. Though why do they foreshadow STC but not others??? New Faregates maybe??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-17-14-29-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-14-29-20.png
    755.9 KB · Views: 248
Has anyone had their card expire yet? Mine expires in a few days and I was wondering how you go about replacing it. Do you simply buy a new card? Do you have to start a new account, or does everything carry over?

Has anyone had their card expire yet? Mine expires in a few days and I was wondering how you go about replacing it. Do you simply buy a new card? Do you have to start a new account, or does everything carry over?
There thoughts on this seem to have changed over time.

The answer now, is that you do nothing. The card doesn't expire on that date - but if it fails, you have to pay for the replacement. So it's become more of a a warranty period, than an expiry period. I heard this from them a while ago, and it is now in their FAQ - https://www.prestocard.ca/en-US/Pages/ContentPages/FAQGeneral.aspx#General6

I'd assume that whatever Next Generation trickery they have planned can now be done with people retaining their existing cards.

Speaking of expirations, I've always wondered why credit cards have to expire every few years. What's the reason for that?

There thoughts on this seem to have changed over time.

The answer now, is that you do nothing. The card doesn't expire on that date - but if it fails, you have to pay for the replacement. So it's become more of a a warranty period, than an expiry period. I heard this from them a while ago, and it is now in their FAQ - https://www.prestocard.ca/en-US/Pages/ContentPages/FAQGeneral.aspx#General6

I'd assume that whatever Next Generation trickery they have planned can now be done with people retaining their existing cards.
Beauty! Thanks for the quick response!

Just curious but I was looking at the list of places to get a presto card and it has metro pass vending machines listed for queen's park and union stations has anyone bought one from one of them and is it a fixed amount on it or can you very the amount on it and top it up at alter date?

My Presto card was expired when they sent it to me. I wasn't any too happy and sent them a note. I got a bit of a robotic response, but I was placated. Pasted below...
Previously, there was an expiry date on the back of the PRESTO farecard. The expiry date was 5 years from the date the card was manufactured. As of January 23, 2015, expiry dates are being disabled and can now be considered a warranty date. Your warranty day is showing in our system is 5 years from the date the card was manufactured 4/29/2020. Sincerely, The PRESTO Team​

Here is the card for reference. She seemed confused that I only wanted the minimum initial load on the card, which is $10, when it would seem the only reason I was buying the card would be to get on the UPx which is $19. Of course I was just going to transfer the funds from my existing card, and not actually ride the train (that will have to wait until my next flight when I have a legitimate excuse to use it)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 316

Back