News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

"Legacy Streetcars" is such a silly adoption of business terminology. You didn't inherit these streetcars from some other transit agency you purchased, TTC.
Waiting for the Spadina car the other day, one of my fellow passengers expressed disappointment at the "old-ass" streetcar that arrived. Perhaps you would prefer that term? :D

It's nice that they got to have their little self-congradulatory photo-op today, but next time don't come back until presto is fully rolled out across the entire system. Presto is of no use to me until that happens.

Screen shot 2015-12-17 at 11.39.40 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-17 at 11.39.40 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-17 at 11.39.40 AM.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 427
Used PRESTO for the first time on St. Clair two days ago. It was glorious. Haven't had a PRESTO enabled streetcar since :(

I still don't understand why regular transit users would use Presto.

If I was dependent on the TTC and used it 100 times a month my fare would be the Metropass at $141 but if I used Presto at $2.80 my monthly bill would be $280. I can see it for the occasional user but why in god's name would anyone who depends on the TTC get a Presto card instead of a Metropass?

If I was dependent on the TTC and used it 100 times a month my fare would be the Metropass at $141 but if I used Presto at $2.80 my monthly bill would be $280. I can see it for the occasional user but why in god's name would anyone who depends on the TTC get a Presto card instead of a Metropass?

Because a large percentage of people who use the TTC do not use it 100 times a month, and are currently using $2.80 tokens, which Presto replaces at no additional cost.

Didn't you ask this question a few pages back, and get a bunch of responses like the one above already?

Because they are discontinuing Metropasses or tokens. This is the replacement.

You won't have to get 12 new cards a year - you just keep using the same one.

Was a press conference really necessary for this?

I'd assume the Harper government wrote it into the funding contract as a mandatory requirement. Though this time the feds sent a local MP for once.

I am also cynical about a press event that "rolled out Presto" when only about half of the legacy cars are live and we still have subway stations that are not presto enabled...then again, given that no one had heard of this press conference until yesterday afternoon and the timing seemed to weirdly coincide with the OPP press release this morning, I am cynical in a different direction.

I am also cynical about a press event that "rolled out Presto" when only about half of the legacy cars are live and we still have subway stations that are not presto enabled...then again, given that no one had heard of this press conference until yesterday afternoon and the timing seemed to weirdly coincide with the OPP press release this morning, I am cynical in a different direction.
? The Thursday launch for Presto on the streetcars was mentioned in TTC Board documents released last week.

Because they are discontinuing Metropasses or tokens. This is the replacement.

You won't have to get 12 new cards a year - you just keep using the same one.

On that note, I remember reading about a suggestion that instead of a fixed calender month, 30 day passes should be issued instead. Does anyone know if TTC ever mulled about that thought or theyre just taking a straight copy and paste onto presto?

Back