News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Before I do something that might end up crashing the presto system, has anyone had any issues with doing a manual online load on a presto card that already has auto load set up? I have some prepaid credit cards I need to dump somewhere.
Though Presto certainly has 'quirks' it would seem bizarre if adding $$ 'manually' would interfere with auto-load. Auto-load adds $$ when the card balance reaches a pre-determined $$ value - if you add money it will not reach this, for a while longer. It's rather sad that the Presto reputation is so poor that anyone would think that adding $$ might screw things up (and more worrying that it just might!)

Though Presto certainly has 'quirks' it would seem bizarre if adding $$ 'manually' would interfere with auto-load. Auto-load adds $$ when the card balance reaches a pre-determined $$ value - if you add money it will not reach this, for a while longer. It's rather sad that the Presto reputation is so poor that anyone would think that adding $$ might screw things up (and more worrying that it just might!)

I know it should work, but with this system, you never know,

But if the system does happen to meltdown sometime this week, then forget I asked.

I know it should work, but with this system, you never know,

But if the system does happen to meltdown sometime this week, then forget I asked.
errorsmade.jpg

Attachments

• errorsmade.jpg
    errorsmade.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 695
Do you guys know when all buses will be fully presto? right now its a challenge?

The TTC says it'll be by the end of the year, and it seems like they're on track. The only garages that don't have Presto are Birchmount and Eglinton - in other words, just east end, central Scarborough and major north-south Scarborough/East York bus routes.

Do you guys know when all buses will be fully presto? right now its a challenge?

The TTC says it'll be by the end of the year, and it seems like they're on track. The only garages that don't have Presto are Birchmount and Eglinton - in other words, just east end, central Scarborough and major north-south Scarborough/East York bus routes.

Latest map:

0jXtmxA.png

Not to disparage your map making skills and enthusiasm but I find the official TTC version of the map far clearer. OK it does not show a difference between "upcoming/in process" and "not installed/not yet started" but ... See: http://ttc.ca/PDF/Maps/Presto_Station_Map.pdf

The TTC map isn't very useful--it shows zero bus or streetcar routes, and has no indication of which stations are upcoming, only the ones currently live.

The TTC map isn't very useful--it shows zero bus or streetcar routes, and has no indication of which stations are upcoming, only the ones currently live.

The TTC map isn't for this forum though. It's for someone saying "I need to take public transit, will I be able to use Presto or do I need to bring cash/tokens?" That a station will have Presto at some unspecified point in the near future, or that some buses on a route have Presto, isn't useful information to that person.

The TTC map isn't for this forum though. It's for someone saying "I need to take public transit, will I be able to use Presto or do I need to bring cash/tokens?" That a station will have Presto at some unspecified point in the near future, or that some buses on a route have Presto, isn't useful information to that person.

Bingo.

I take long walks on the weekend, and I try to go places I've never been in the city. I have Presto, and I need to know what routes to take to/from that will work. So I started it to serve my own needs, but I started updating and posting here for your guys' interest.

The above poster had actually posted to this forum, and that's what I was replying to--they'd stated they find the official TTC version of the map clearer, whereas I find the other one clearer and more useful.

Of course the TTC one might be more useful for the average rider in some cases, but this forum is hardly an official TTC medium for average riders.

Back