News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Free special edition Presto Cards for the opening of Scotiabank Arena on Oct 3rd and 17th:

ScotiabankArena_Website_Header_PRESTO2_1180x500-3b0ae9a1d5.jpg

https://www.scotiabankarena.com/venue-information/presto

Well, these are definitely ugly. Why not release versions with the Leafs and/or Raptors logo instead?

Are you telling me that that the partial fare integration for GO & TTC users of $1.50 is only good if you pay with Presto but if you have a Metropass which frequent and transit dependent people use, they don/t get the discount?

Are you telling me that that the partial fare integration for GO & TTC users of $1.50 is only good if you pay with Presto but if you have a Metropass which frequent and transit dependent people use, they don/t get the discount?
Metropasses will be discontinued in 3.5 months anyway.

You only get it one way; if you take GO and then switch to TTC, you get the discount. If you start out on TTC and then switch to GO, no discount even if you pay with Presto.

You only get it one way; if you take GO and then switch to TTC, you get the discount. If you start out on TTC and then switch to GO, no discount even if you pay with Presto.
I’m pretty sure you do get the discount when going TTC -> GO. It’s not calculated on the tap on unless you have a default trip set. Otherwise, the discount is applied on the tap off.

I’m pretty sure you do get the discount when going TTC -> GO. It’s not calculated on the tap on unless you have a default trip set. Otherwise, the discount is applied on the tap off.
Correct.

Here's an example. $3 charge on TTC. Followed by the usual $5.30 tap on to GO 10 minutes later (at Danforth). But when I tapped off at Exhibition I was credited $1.78, instead of the usual $0.28

upload_2018-9-18_16-24-31.png

Here's the same GO trip without the preceding TTC tap (drove to the station instead), when the tap off is just a credit of $0.28
upload_2018-9-18_16-36-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-18_16-24-31.png
    upload_2018-9-18_16-24-31.png
    52 KB · Views: 557
  • upload_2018-9-18_16-36-37.png
    upload_2018-9-18_16-36-37.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
You don't even get the discount if you have a monthly TTC pass loaded on your PrestoCard! It's only for TTC riders who are paying per ride. At least from GO to TTC. I only switched to a pass recently on Presto, and I haven't tried the TTC to GO transfer - but I'll be shocked if I get a discount!

And that's what the website says:
upload_2018-9-18_16-43-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-18_16-43-32.png
    upload_2018-9-18_16-43-32.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

Join CEO Phil Verster and Senior Management Team members in-person or online for Metrolinx’s fourth management Town Hall, taking place on Wednesday September 26, 2018 at 6pm. This is your opportunity to ask our leadership questions about Metrolinx services, regional transportation planning or anything that is top of mind for you.

Location: 97 Front St. W., Toronto, Ontario – Peter R. Smith Boardroom (4th floor)

Submit a question and vote onlinenow,
or wait to ask in-person during the event.
Please be sure to register to attend,
or watch the livestream.

Join CEO Phil Verster and Senior Management Team members in-person or online for Metrolinx’s fourth management Town Hall, taking place on Wednesday September 26, 2018 at 6pm. This is your opportunity to ask our leadership questions about Metrolinx services, regional transportation planning or anything that is top of mind for you.

Location: 97 Front St. W., Toronto, Ontario – Peter R. Smith Boardroom (4th floor)

Submit a question and vote onlinenow,
or wait to ask in-person during the event.
Please be sure to register to attend,
or watch the livestream.
Isn’t this more suited for the Metrolinx: Other Items thread?

@nfitz , see my edit above -- it hasn't been working for him, so he's going to have to call in. Again. (A couple of weeks ago there were some random $12 charges on his account which have been refunded)
Presto staff are still doing a lot of cleaning up after the continual bugs.

Remember my Austrian friend I wrote about two weeks ago, a very educated, intelligent woman, a Doctorate from a Vienna University for the Arts...finally someone from Presto returned her email by phoning her. They straightened it all out. I asked "What was the problem" She answered "I don't know, neither do they". Sometimes Staff just have to realize things are ludicrous, and step in and fix them.

Bugs are still rampant in Presto.

As to the TTC co-fare having to be on Presto...that's not how it works on Miway! If you have a paper ticket, the driver does a manual entry into the Presto keyboard, and your fare is adjusted accordingly.

If you have a paper ticket, the driver does a manual entry into the Presto keyboard, and your fare is adjusted accordingly.
Too bad the “second generation” Presto machines removed the driver being able to do anything with the machine. Still a huge mistake in my opinion. I still wonder if one of the reasons to do so was to remove the need to train all bus drivers to operate the console. Since the TTC is the largest agency, Presto/Metrolinx would have needed a lot of funds to train such a large workforce.

^It is a good question, as I know that not all systems offering GO co-fare are Presto enabled. Guelph Transit immediately comes to mind.

Here's a much larger one:

www.grt.ca/en/fares-passes/go-train-riders.aspx

When booking your trip to the Kitchener GO Station, please advise the reservationist that you are a GO Transit rider. Along with your 50¢ fare, you will need to show a valid GO Transit ticket, day pass or PRESTO Card to your GRT MobilityPLUS operator when you board the vehicle.
Anyone know how many are manually enabled?

Back