News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I rode two different Miway buses and both had the Presto readers not working on them today the drivers just let everyone with a presto card on for free

In that case, I take it the rapid transit network (line 1,2,3,4) is treated as one "route", and if there's a delay, customer may be charged a second fare by the time they get on their connecting bus/streetcar?
Pretty much. Which means if you hit the 2-hour mark just before you tap in at Scarborough Centre, and are heading to Kipling ... you could be about 3 hours into your trip when you walk out of Kipling station, quite legitimately.

I rode two different Miway buses and both had the Presto readers not working on them today the drivers just let everyone with a presto card on for free
Odd ... I saw something tweeting about OCTranspo as well - and I've never seen any mention of such outages outside of TTC. I wonder if there's a bigger problem.

Odd ... I saw something tweeting about OCTranspo as well - and I've never seen any mention of such outages outside of TTC. I wonder if there's a bigger problem.
I didn't have any problem with the TTC fare gates I didn't use any TTC surface vehicles toady so I can't say if they had problems or not

Welcome to the club. That's been evident for some time, which is why I posted the Bylaw a few months prior showing no requirement to do so. If it's a "requirement" then it has to be in the Bylaw. It isn't.

I'll dig out the quotes of certain posters at the time who argued otherwise. It's in fact *unwise* to tap when you don't need to. You might just find your getting charged when you're still within your transfer window.

There's the "failure to comply with posted sign" loophole that the TTC used to add stuff to the bylaw without going through the full process.

1548694991409.png

It is nifty - you can load your card directly by holding your card next to the phone after paying for the funds. No more waiting for the card to update. Its pretty much obsoleted the website for a ton of people.

It is nifty - you can load your card directly by holding your card next to the phone after paying for the funds. No more waiting for the card to update. Its pretty much obsoleted the website for a ton of people.
Honestly I still don't know how to do that. It is not intuitive to say the least.

Honestly I still don't know how to do that. It is not intuitive to say the least.
Honestly have you tried to even load a card??? Its a step by step process as soon as you select load funds. I dont think it can get any simpler. One only needs to have better comprehension honestly

Honestly have you tried to even load a card??? Its a step by step process as soon as you select load funds. I dont think it can get any simpler. One only needs to have better comprehension honestly
I have an account with multiple cards. I selected a card and then selected load fund, and then was redirected to the payment page. Didn't see where I can just tap the card. There should be a tutorial somewhere.

I have an account with multiple cards. I selected a card and then selected load fund, and then was redirected to the payment page. Didn't see where I can just tap the card. There should be a tutorial somewhere.
you need to pay first

Back