News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I bet there would have been (the usual) outrage here if you had been charged with cries for 'give us a minute or two leeway"! Now I await a flood of people testing the system to see if the 'free time' is 50 seconds, a minute, 2 minutes .....
I think there is a possibility that the two readers don't have synced clocks. One could be off by a minute. Tapping those two readers in reverse might get someone charged at 1'59"

Christmas is coming. Is there or will there be a PRESTO Gift Card? While a new PRESTO would cost $6, it still needs to be loaded ($10?). If given as a gift, it would still need to be set up with age appropriate identification after it is given as a gift, and activated. The 30 day term to do something is a pain, as some people may not be around to do anything.

Or just forget about a Presto Gift Card?

The leaves are already falling and they have winter gear in stores. So just wondering...
I'm guessing you are one those people who is at home watching CP24 and laughing at the shlubs like me in a panic at the mall on Christmas Eve.

I'm guessing you are one those people who is at home watching CP24 and laughing at the shlubs like me in a panic at the mall on Christmas Eve.

Actually, I do not buy the winter goods now. They are only put up with a "regular price". As it season gets closer, the "regular prices" drop down for a "sale price".

Not possible with PRESTO however. Though they did have times where the PRESTO card was "free", except for the loading of a fare deposit.

Back in 2018, Scotiabank Arena gave out 20,000 "free" PRESTO" cards. See link.

Scotiabank Arena is giving away the first 10,000 free PRESTO cards this week. The plan is to hand out free, pre-loaded PRESTO cards to Leafs and Raptors Home Openers, at select TTC and GO stations.

How about one lucky commuter getting Fair Pass prices (despite not having a disability nor being low income) for a year as part of a promotion to encourage using Presto cards?

Went to Yorkdale this past weekend and saw a row of old school turnstiles. I thought they were finished with the Presto fare gate installation?

From CP24

Commuters will soon be able to load a new PRESTO card with as little five cents but they will still have to shell out $6 for the card itself.
Metrolinx has announced on its blog that it is lowering the minimum amount of money that can be loaded onto a PRESTO card from $10 to five cents.
The change will mean that rather than having to shell out at least $16 to purchase a new card and load it with the minimum balance, commuters will now be able to do so for $6.05.

From CP24

Commuters will soon be able to load a new PRESTO card with as little five cents but they will still have to shell out $6 for the card itself.
Metrolinx has announced on its blog that it is lowering the minimum amount of money that can be loaded onto a PRESTO card from $10 to five cents.
The change will mean that rather than having to shell out at least $16 to purchase a new card and load it with the minimum balance, commuters will now be able to do so for $6.05.

The powers-that-be will be wanting the children to use their own PRESTO cards when using public transit. In Toronto, children under 12 ride free, but the cards have to be set with proof of age. Once the child turns 12, they should be paying a student fare. They is usually confusion when a child is 10, 11, 12, or 13. So if the card is set with their date of birth, the fares can be collected properly.

However, I want to know, is there a notification sent out as the child approaches 12, at 12, or after attempting to use the PRESTO card after the birthdate? Do they actually use the date of birth?

However, I want to know, is there a notification sent out as the child approaches 12, at 12, or after attempting to use the PRESTO card after the birthdate? Do they actually use the date of birth?
You really cannot expect Metrolinx to keep track of peoples' ages! A card can be used by anyone; if you are 65 or older you can use a card that is set for Senior Fares; if you are less than 13 (No charge up to 13th birthday) you can use a Presto set for Child. It would, obviously, be better if the Child and Adult (and teenager?) cards LOOKED different and MLX could do this by charging $6 for a Child's card but then exchange it (at no cost) for an adult one or a "Teen" card which, in time, could be exchanged for an Adult one. We have two cards in our household, one Adult, one Senior and it is up to US to make sure that only a Senior uses the Senior one. (We can do this visually because we have a Black card for Adult fares and an older Green one for Seniors. ) Though it would not matter to TTC if a Senior used the Adult card - they would get the full fare - but for a customer it would actually make sense if MLX had four card designs/colours. Child, Youth, Adult, Senior and would exchange one for another at no cost when its user reached the requisite age milestone. Dream on, indeed! Of course, as more and more people pay for transit with credit/debit cards or apps the use of specific Presto cards will decline but ....

From CP24

who in their right mind would be loading 5c....even if theyre short a buck 99.9% would load a larger amount to cover their future costs as well....seems like a waste of time and money for a non existent problem or a problem so remote it cost them more than saved.

who in their right mind would be loading 5c....even if theyre short a buck 99.9% would load a larger amount to cover their future costs as well....seems like a waste of time and money for a non existent problem or a problem so remote it cost them more than saved.
I doubt the change cost them much (if anything) and it is certainly something people have complained about.

Back