News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There should be 9 stations installed between now and July, according to this site
http://www.getpres.to/where-can-i-use-it/

That site says that "most streetcars" will have Presto installed by the end of 2015, but the only routes that it lists that are getting it are Spadina/Harbourfront, Dundas, and Bathurst, which certainly aren't the majority of streetcars by ridership (although I guess it's possible they're the most by number of vehicles, but I doubt that too).

Does anybody know what other streetcar routes are getting Presto by the end of 2015? (*fingers crossed Carlton*)

That site says that "most streetcars" will have Presto installed by the end of 2015, but the only routes that it lists that are getting it are Spadina/Harbourfront, Dundas, and Bathurst, which certainly aren't the majority of streetcars by ridership (although I guess it's possible they're the most by number of vehicles, but I doubt that too).

Does anybody know what other streetcar routes are getting Presto by the end of 2015? (*fingers crossed Carlton*)

Metrolinx is very fuzzy with the details on the rollout. The intial rollout of presto coincides with the rollout of the new streetcars. At he moment, The end of 2015 is all I can tell you for all streetcars.

Has there been announcement or schedule posted for when the first of the new faregates will become operational? I find it hard to believe how much more testing they will need to conduct. Then again have they even secured a production contract yet...?

505/509/510/511 refers to the initial plant for Phase 1 deployment only on new streetcars.

TTC has been clearer noting that "By the end of 2015 all legacy streetcars would have PRESTO devices installed on their front doors".

If they are on all legacy streetcars, then it's all routes. I expect the only exception would be the PCCs.

Are there any if the new gates up and running yet? Surely they have had enough time to develop and test them....

None so far. It maybe for a reason. I infer we're getting the faregates once PRESTO is nearly implemented everywhere on the TTC. Because how are ticket, metropass and cash users will exit the station?, by the current solution of the reader mounted on the turnstiles. I know for a fact PRESTO card holders will need to tap off when exiting in order for the gates to open and allow one to exit, though they won't be charged. Metrolinx calls them "integrated faregates". Perhaps after the current wave of stations h are presto ready or we can see them once a streetcar route is 100% presto ready. But take it like a grain of sand, its just my two cents.

Surprised that wasn't one of the first ones. There have been a few times I have entered that station expecting to tap, but having to grab a token instead.
More surprised about Scarborough Centre; given it's a GO transit hub.

I know for a fact PRESTO card holders will need to tap off when exiting in order for the gates to open and allow one to exit, though they won't be charged.
No you won't. Where are you getting this "fact"?

They might be one-way ... but given TTC is only getting 60 faregates for 69 stations you clearly are not going to have to tap to exit the station!

Back