News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A bit of hindsight question....could they not have presto enabled all of the stations in fairly quick order by installing presto readers at the manned ticket booths in the stations.....it seems that would have been a fairly easy install and there would have been no need to link them to the old gates because the ticket booth guy would open the gates as he does for cash fares. Would seem that way all stations could have been presto enabled faster and there would have been no costly/time consuming linking to gates that are going to be replaced anyway.

A bit of hindsight question....could they not have presto enabled all of the stations in fairly quick order by installing presto readers at the manned ticket booths in the stations.....it seems that would have been a fairly easy install and there would have been no need to link them to the old gates because the ticket booth guy would open the gates as he does for cash fares. Would seem that way all stations could have been presto enabled faster and there would have been no costly/time consuming linking to gates that are going to be replaced anyway.

It was a few years ago, but I read the basic problem then was the stations and entrances did not have any internet access and they ran into a lot of problems setting it up.

Is there a link for the desktop site that goes directly to the login page where you type in your userid and password?

It was a few years ago, but I read the basic problem then was the stations and entrances did not have any internet access and they ran into a lot of problems setting it up.

I think it was power more than internet that delayed deployment. There are a lot of wireless readers that use the cell network (or a wifi router).

Does anyone have any information on the Presto rollout on buses? Routes out of Mt Dennis and Malvern garages were up next after they hit the halfway point, but I haven't heard about any progress.
The TTC website has now been updated to show all Mt. Dennis- and Malvern-based bus routes as Presto-enabled, so combined with reports of Prestoed buses beginning to show up on Birchmount and Eglinton division routes, it looks like each half of the installation team has moved on to their respective last garage.

The TTC website has now been updated to show all Mt. Dennis- and Malvern-based bus routes as Presto-enabled, so combined with reports of Prestoed buses beginning to show up on Birchmount and Eglinton division routes, it looks like each half of the installation team has moved on to their respective last garage.

Oooohhh goody! Time to update the map!

edit: Map is now updated.

02PytXN.png

Last edited:

Back