News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

maybe there's a feature that auto-reloads when it anticipates that no-matter what trip you take next, you will go over your balance, so it auto loads. Kinda like a safety feature to ensure you never go past the $40 threshold.

Then why ask the user for a threshold? He did not say "When it gets near $40" he said "under $40".....it is not like he set his threshold low (or even close to the minimum in the system) and not like there is any ride within the Presto coverage area that would require him to have $40 to make.......I think he nailed the explanation "shoddy programing"

Indeed, it looks like they truncate the value to an integer, and then run a check for "less than or equal to" instead of "less than"

Indeed, it looks like they truncate the value to an integer, and then run a check for "less than or equal to" instead of "less than"
Possibly ... I wondered if the logic check to see if the reload is necessary was separate than the actual transaction ... and might have an error in it, particularly with tap-off refunds ... but I'm starting to think there's a lot of possibilities here.

Then why ask the user for a threshold? He did not say "When it gets near $40" he said "under $40".....it is not like he set his threshold low (or even close to the minimum in the system) and not like there is any ride within the Presto coverage area that would require him to have $40 to make.......I think he nailed the explanation "shoddy programing"

geez relax i didn't say my method was a definite answer.

Durham Region Transit will go online on Monday, but they say it is only for co-fares (ie, rides to and from GO stations). After a bit of poking and prodding, this basically means that regular DRT routes will be active, but the integrated GO buses will not be active until the rest of the GO fleet comes online. If you don't travel to the GO station then you'll pay the regular DRT fare, but no word if this will be the cash fare or the ticket rate.

YRT might go live sooner as there are placards with instructions to using Presto already installed at most if not all vivastations.

Sorry to keep asking this but does anyone know why it is taking so long to get Presto operational at the Brampton GO station? Aside from my personal interest in the matter, it just sticks out like a sore thumb that one station (which happens to connect to Zum and the rest of the BT {which have Presto}) out of the whole line is so far behind.

Back