News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

When I read further, it seems every time you add money you have to go to a machine to make sure it gets added? How ridiculous is that?

I believe if you use the autoload feature you only have to do the "tap on after 24 hours but before 7 days" at setup. After that, each autoload seems to happen as you tap on the trip that takes you below the threshold!

Presto only makes sense with the autoload feautre. The first couple of weeks I used it before it was 'registered' were hell. So much complicated nonsense.

Just to confirm here.... if I manually load value onto the card today, but end up not using the card (no tap) for 8 or 32 days, what happens? The site really should explain the consequences of not doing these things.

That's would be very strange if so... I guess they figure the only person who would use this would be a regular rider so this tapping issue wouldn't be a problem. But for the periodic user, like me, who might use it three times in two weeks and then not for two weeks, I've gotta really time my loading of value (under 7 days) or get autoload.... if I have this right.

If I was a regular user I'd use autoload, but I don't want to add money on to the card regularly and just accumulate a balance on it that I'm not going to use.

If I was a regular user I'd use autoload, but I don't want to add money on to the card regularly and just accumulate a balance on it that I'm not going to use.

The autoload is not a "load 'X dollars' every 'X' days" sort of thing. Say, for example, you are comfortable having $30 on the card at any given time. You just say.."every time the card goes below $10 (the threshold amount) load on $20 (the autoload amount)".

I don't think it matters, really, how often you use it....autoload is more convenient/easy than manually loading (once you get mentally around using Presto you have already gotten around the idea of having money in someone elses account for your later use).

I purchased a Presto card 2 weekends ago, and I have been trying to register it on their website, but to no avail. I log in as an "unregistered card", fill out the form and everything, click submit, and then it brings me back to the same page. No error message. No "thank you for registering" message. Not even an "you have incorrectly filled out the form" message. Just the same page over and over again.

So I tried to write them using the "Contact Us" page, and I write the letter out, click send, and it does the same fricking thing! No confirmation or rejection message.

Needless to say, I'm less than impressed. Anyone had a similar experience or know how to resolve this?

PS: I've now tried this using 4 different browsers on 2 different machines (Firefox and IE on Windows, Safari and Firefox on my Mac). Same thing every time.

I purchased a Presto card 2 weekends ago, and I have been trying to register it on their website, but to no avail. I log in as an "unregistered card", fill out the form and everything, click submit, and then it brings me back to the same page. No error message. No "thank you for registering" message. Not even an "you have incorrectly filled out the form" message. Just the same page over and over again.

So I tried to write them using the "Contact Us" page, and I write the letter out, click send, and it does the same fricking thing! No confirmation or rejection message.

Needless to say, I'm less than impressed. Anyone had a similar experience or know how to resolve this?

PS: I've now tried this using 4 different browsers on 2 different machines (Firefox and IE on Windows, Safari and Firefox on my Mac). Same thing every time.

It is heartening to old folks like me that I find the best way to fix stuff like this is by direct human-to-human contact. This can be achieved by calling them and the nice people on the other end of the phone will look right into what is going on with your card and fix it. ;)

Humour aside, I really mean this. I had all sorts of problems trying to do everything via the web page and it was all fixed in pleasant 5 minute call. Not so much with the people at Union as they seemed to be less well trained on the ins and outs of Presto.

It is heartening to old folks like me that I find the best way to fix stuff like this is by direct human-to-human contact. This can be achieved by calling them and the nice people on the other end of the phone will look right into what is going on with your card and fix it. ;)

Humour aside, I really mean this. I had all sorts of problems trying to do everything via the web page and it was all fixed in pleasant 5 minute call. Not so much with the people at Union as they seemed to be less well trained on the ins and outs of Presto.

I have a severe stutter, so I usually only use calling as a last resort :) (preferred method is by email or something similar). I may have to do that though.

My experiences with calling to get stuff fixed haven't been much better though. It took 2 months and 5 phone calls to get my Rogers cell phone plan switched to another plan. When dealing with bureaucracy, I find the best way to do it is to go in and get them to work it out face-to-face.

I tried to submit this comment using 'Contact Us' and had the same issue. If it's lacking a subject or comment, it spits out an error. The Newsletter subscription form seems to work fine though.

As an alternative, you could try to email CustomerRelations@metrolinx.com now that they've taken over Presto.

The whole activation process was rather complicated. Or at least, there's lots of steps.

For me I did it as follows:

1) Ordered Presto card
2) Waited and waited. Thought maybe they declined my card or something.
3) Presto card magically pops up in the mail. Maybe because of the postal strike it took so long
4) Punched in my card number on the website. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I knew I couldn't do much at that point. It just told me I had to activate it by tapping it at a machine
5) Drove to a GO station, used the balance checker, couldn't really read what it said, tapped it a few times until I was sure I was reading it correctly, and it said I had my $10 balance (that's how much I loaded, yes I'm a cheap bastard lol)
6) Went home, went online, and finally was able to login properly. I thought I might be able to set a default trip online, but no, you can't do much online

Not sure if that helps. I'm sure someone else can explain the process better.

The whole activation process was rather complicated. Or at least, there's lots of steps.

For me I did it as follows:

1) Ordered Presto card
2) Waited and waited. Thought maybe they declined my card or something.
3) Presto card magically pops up in the mail. Maybe because of the postal strike it took so long
4) Punched in my card number on the website. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I knew I couldn't do much at that point. It just told me I had to activate it by tapping it at a machine
5) Drove to a GO station, used the balance checker, couldn't really read what it said, tapped it a few times until I was sure I was reading it correctly, and it said I had my $10 balance (that's how much I loaded, yes I'm a cheap bastard lol)
6) Went home, went online, and finally was able to login properly. I thought I might be able to set a default trip online, but no, you can't do much online

Not sure if that helps. I'm sure someone else can explain the process better.

I bought it at Burlington station, and they activated it, loaded it, and set my default trip, so thankfully I didn't have to do any of that. The reason I want to register it is so that I can just set the auto-load and not have to worry about it. But it doesn't seem to want to let me register it, haha.

Thanks for the process though.

I bought it at Burlington station, and they activated it, loaded it, and set my default trip, so thankfully I didn't have to do any of that. The reason I want to register it is so that I can just set the auto-load and not have to worry about it. But it doesn't seem to want to let me register it, haha.

I did the same, bought it at Union, and everything was done there. Later on I registered it online, set the auto-load and everything worked perfectly.

I only use it for the TTC, but it's very handy. Dont even have to take the card out of my wallet. Just tap my wallet against the reader and walk through. Just sucks that my home station doesn't have a reader, so I have to use tokens one way, and presto heading home.

When I registered my card almost a year ago it took over 2 weeks from the moment I 'registered' online for the card to be actually registered. No clue why it took so long, I assumed it was because the system was new. Eventually I was able to set up autoload and all.

I only use it for the TTC, but it's very handy. Dont even have to take the card out of my wallet. Just tap my wallet against the reader and walk through. Just sucks that my home station doesn't have a reader, so I have to use tokens one way, and presto heading home.

When Presto takes open payments, how is this tap-your-wallet thing going to work? Will it just pick whichever card it wants?

I bought my card online and received it in the mail... but then I had to go to the station to have someone set my default trip (you can't do it yourself). Kind of strange... maybe that is stored on the card as well.

Back