News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I didn't even finish eating breakfast. Where is GenerationW? This will become a subway to mccowan.
Sorry, not seeing it. B-D has support throughout Scarborough AND other parts of the city. A Sheppard subway extension isn't anywhere close to that right now.

I think they'll either build the LRT or nothing.

West to Downsview will have even less ridership than the current Subway (Yonge - Don Mills). Enormous waste of money.
West to Downsview has some political support. That gives it a chance.

Willowdale is against the subway too.
David Shiner is for extending Sheppard (both ways), Shelley Carroll is against it, but Willowdale already has enough subways.

Willowdale as an entity is also too small to have much clout.

Sorry, not seeing it. B-D has support throughout Scarborough AND other parts of the city. A Sheppard subway extension isn't anywhere close to that right now.

I think they'll either build the LRT or nothing.

David Shiner is for extending Sheppard (both ways), Shelley Carroll is against it, but Willowdale already has enough subways.

Willowdale as an entity is also too small to have much clout.[/QUOTE]
I don't know. I think this a another pork project waiting to happen. Sheppard won't have to ridership even if it went Islington to Dean Park but that's not stopping us now.

I think willowdale being one of the richest parts of the city, has some financial clout. We'll see. Like you said, they have enough.

Willowdale as an entity is also too small to have much clout.
I don't know. I think this a another pork project waiting to happen. Sheppard won't have to ridership even if it went Islington to Dean Park but that's not stopping us now.

I think willowdale being one of the richest parts of the city, has some financial clout. We'll see. Like you said, they have enough.[/QUOTE]

Extending the Sheppard subway west to Downsview might make sense if Downsview Airport is redeveloped. Which might happen, given that part of the Bombardier Q400 production is being moved to Russia.

I think willowdale being one of the richest parts of the city, has some financial clout. We'll see. Like you said, they have enough.

Extending the Sheppard subway west to Downsview might make sense if Downsview Airport is redeveloped. Which might happen, given that part of the Bombardier Q400 production is being moved to Russia.[/QUOTE]

True. That could be the new Jays stadium in some time as well.

Willowdale is irrelevant to the eastward or westward subway extension.

Willowdale's affluent residents are against the Willowdale station, which has been roughed-in but never finished. They don't care if the subway is extended east of Don Mills and/or west of Yonge.

Willowdale's affluent residents are against the Willowdale station, which has been roughed-in but never finished.
Willowdale station has not been roughed in. There's an appropriate piece of track in the tunnel that has the right elevation, where they can build a station in the future. But there's no roughed in station. The TBM ran through the future location without stopping, and there is nothing but tunnel segments there. I'm not even sure if they built headwalls.

Willowdale station has not been roughed in. There's an appropriate piece of track in the tunnel that has the right elevation, where they can build a station in the future. But there's no roughed in station. The TBM ran through the future location without stopping, and there is nothing but tunnel segments there. I'm not even sure if they built headwalls.

Pretty sure they did not build headwalls. I was actually wondering if they bought the land.

I always thought it would make a great site for an Olympic Park. Winning the Games would push a Sheppard West extension to near the top of the list if that site was selected.
I agree. Nice views of Downtown as well.
Willowdale is irrelevant to the eastward or westward subway extension.

Willowdale's affluent residents are against the Willowdale station, which has been roughed-in but never finished. They don't care if the subway is extended east of Don Mills and/or west of Yonge.

So basically one stop (Jane) between Spadina and Yonge eh?

So basically one stop (Jane) between Spadina and Yonge eh?

First of all, Willowdale is not between Downsview and Yonge; it is east of Yonge where the subway already runs.

Secondly, Jane is not between Downsview and Yonge either; it is 4 km west of Downsview.

In case Sheppard subway is extended westward to Downsview, the possible stations are Senlac, Bathurst, and Faywood. Bathurst will be built for sure. Faywood depends on funding, and Senlac depends on both funding and the locals' attitude (there may be some opposition similar to Willowdale).

IMO, Sheppard subway extension is far from being the top priority anyway.

Interesting that eastbound "talk" is now about reaching McCowan even though that routing was rejected back in the 90s (more jobs along Progress I believe). Also interesting is that as part of the Metrogate development agreement Tridel had to donate land to the city for Agincourt station should the subway ever be extended.

metrogate site plans still show the subway station beside it, despite the fact that they are also advertising the LRT on their Trio at Atria condo..

Interesting that eastbound "talk" is now about reaching McCowan even though that routing was rejected back in the 90s (more jobs along Progress I believe). Also interesting is that as part of the Metrogate development agreement Tridel had to donate land to the city for Agincourt station should the subway ever be extended.

The SRT replacement with a B-D subway extension was rejected in 2006 (significantly hihger cost), but it seems the current Councilors still supported it.

In case Sheppard subway is extended westward to Downsview, the possible stations are Senlac, Bathurst, and Faywood. Bathurst will be built for sure. Faywood depends on funding, and Senlac depends on both funding and the locals' attitude (there may be some opposition similar to Willowdale).

IMO, Sheppard subway extension is far from being the top priority anyway.
The only station that makes sense is Bathurst, Putting a station at Faywood and Senlac is like those other stations that are on the Sheppard subway that no one has ever heard of and I cannot even remember their names much less pronounce them. Subways stations should be at major intersections, not local streets

Back