News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Then and Now for May 22, 2013.

Then. 'Don Station'. At its original location just a few steps from the southwest pier of the present Queen street east Don River bridge. Sep 12, 1910. That's the earlier first bridge in the background. We are looking to the NE.

1101_zpsfa19be50.jpg

Later. Moved to Todmorden Mills. Pottery Road.

1102_zps4866a059.jpg

Now. February 2013. Located now just south of the Metro Convention Centre in the railway themed area known as Roundhouse park. A nice place for a walk for all ages.

1103_zpse20da893.jpg

Last edited:
Then and Now for May 22, 2013,
Then. 'Don Station'. At its original location just a few steps from the southwest pier of the present Queen street east Don River bridge. Sep 12, 1910. That's the earlier first bridge in the background.

Later. Moved to Todmorden Mills. Pottery Road.

Now. February 2013. Located now just south of the Metro Convention Centre in the railway themed area known as Roundhouse park.

Man, the station's moved nearly as much as the trains it used to serve. :) It's fantastic it's still around, though.

i recently saw (no pun intended) a picture of the don station as it was being cut in half prior to moving out of todmorden

and of course i can't remember where

I wonder why the station was ?originally? light (cream?) with dark details (green?) and both revisions have it red/brown with lighter details and trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post

Goldie, did you get a 'tilt-shift' lens? What a wonderful Now picture.

No need for an expensive lens.
This can be easily done with Photoshop Elements.

This building always looks "angry" to me and in this, great, photo more angry than usual. :->

Not only the canopy has been removed, but also balconies are not there anymore.

Then and Now for May 23, 2013.

Then. King and Spadina, we are looking at the SE corner. c1909. Kindly sourced by wwwebster. I haven't the faintest how true to life it is but let's assume it's close.

1115KingWampSpadinaSEc1909_zps44f9d671.jpg

Now. May 2013.

1116_zps1bebb44b.jpg

J T Cunningham knows something about this corner before the quite new LCBO store. I'll let him come along and tell us.

Edwardian canopies.

Probably not much difference in the appearance of the hotel, but the "Then" view has to be from at least 1927, when Gray Coach Lines was formally established as the TTC's intercity bus subsidiary. It may even be a little later, as I don't know for certain if the Gray Coach shield logo was in use right from the start.

Back