News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I notice in the caption it seems to say Toronto Suburban Railway "change of gauge". Anyone with info on that aspect? Nothing related jumps out at me from the photo.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Suburban_Railway
Where it states:
"Davenport
The Davenport route commenced service on 6 September 1892. From Keele and Dundas Streets (inThe Junctionneighbourhood), the route ran north onKeele Street, east on St. Clair Avenue, south on Ford Street, east onDavenport Roadand then south onBathurst Streetending north of theCPRnear today'sHillcrest Complex. This was a single-track line laid in the middle of the street with apassing sidingjust east of Lansdowne Avenue. From 1917, theToronto Civic Railway'sline on Lansdowne Avenue had a flat crossing with the Davenport line protected by interlocking signals. The Davenport line used express cars to transport milk from the west to dairies at the eastern end of the line.[3][18]

On 15 November 1923, the Toronto Transit Commission took over the Davenport line, then double-tracked the line and converted it to Toronto gauge. The TTC decided to abandon the TSR track on St. Clair Avenue and Ford Street and to build a new alignment west on Davenport Road from Ford Street, then north on Old Weston Road to the new Townsley Loop at Townsley Street. The former TSR route was split between the TTC Davenport route to Dovercourt Road, and the northern portion of the Dovercourt route to Bathurst Street.[20]

Wexford Cemetery, southwest corner Lawrence and Victoria Park Avenues, looking southwest towards Toronto 1955 TPL
Toronto skyline slightly visible at left horizon.
Wexford Cemetery 1955 TPL.jpg

A lone cemetery marker remains and the farmland is non-existant.
Lawrence-Victoria Park.jpg

Google street view:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.7419...4!1s8pwMlOs6Hz2hsDOCJ-USFw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Attachments

• Wexford Cemetery 1955 TPL.jpg
    Wexford Cemetery 1955 TPL.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,199
  • Lawrence-Victoria Park.jpg
    Lawrence-Victoria Park.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 1,298
I think they moved the graves several years ago...just left the stone you can see in the photo as a monument.

It's questionable as to whether the "remains in the ground" were removed.
Wexford plaque.jpg

Attachments

• Wexford plaque.jpg
    Wexford plaque.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 1,165
The First Lutheran Church on Bond Street, as seen in the last issue of the Toronto Telegram (Oct 30, 1971)
lutheran1.jpg

Attachments

• lutheran1.jpg
    lutheran1.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 890

Attachments

• Queensway, looking south at Colborne Lodge Drive 1955 TPL.jpg
    Queensway, looking south at Colborne Lodge Drive 1955 TPL.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 737
  • Queensway at Colborne Lodge Drive.jpg
    Queensway at Colborne Lodge Drive.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 929
How far west did Sunnyside's attractions stretch?

This 1937 aerial of the High Park area may assist with your question.
The Sunnyside amusement attractions were in the red-circled area.
2011915-Toronto-HighPark-Aerial1937.jpg

Attachments

• 2011915-Toronto-HighPark-Aerial1937.jpg
    2011915-Toronto-HighPark-Aerial1937.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 1,099
This 1937 aerial of the High Park area may assist with your question.
The Sunnyside amusement attractions were in the red-circled area.
View attachment 154913

Indian Road and Parkside Drive actually merged, just north of the railway underpass. People could use the fork to the right to get to Indian Road and the residential area. Parkside Drive originally was just a two lane road, as well as a two lane Keele Street, until becoming four lanes north of Annette Street.

Back