8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

River St. at Labatt Ave. 1950
River St. at Labatt Ave. 1950.jpg

River:Labatt.jpg

Not understanding the meaning of "LeftBank," I investigated and found it's the name of a development intending to demolish 8 existing buildings on this site & build a 34 storey condo to be completed in 2025::
proposed 34 storey condo.jpg

Not understanding the meaning of "LeftBank," I investigated and found it's the name of a development intending to demolish 8 existing buildings on this site & build a 34 storey condo to be completed in 2025::
View attachment 312714
That’s so when people are searching for the location, they’ll know it’s located in the more bohemian side of the Don River as opposed to the aristocratic quarter of Riverdale on the Right Bank.

That’s so when people are searching for the location, they’ll know it’s located in the more bohemian side of the Don River as opposed to the aristocratic quarter of Riverdale on the Right Bank.
Pardon the double pun, but that’s pretty dry. 🤪

You won't be able to view this presentation anymore from the Youtube link. References to the North Toronto Historical Society exist, which were in anticipation of a future presentation to their membership. They have since requested that these references to them be removed from publicly available online links. Fair enough. So I will be crafting a new version which deletes these references, and it will take me some time to do so. In the meantime, thank you to everyone who viewed and commented on the project. It was a privilege to research and share stories relating to our common local history.
Please enjoy the updated History of North Toronto, without offending material. Enjoy! I welcome any feedback. it is 82 minutes long and can be paused at will.

Please enjoy the updated History of North Toronto, without offending material. Enjoy! I welcome any feedback. it is 82 minutes long and can be paused at will.
Very well done and informative. This is where I spent my “formative “ years after Don Mills. I will get back to you with some questions. It’s my bedtime now. 😁

Very well done and informative. This is where I spent my “formative “ years after Don Mills. I will get back to you with some questions. It’s my bedtime now. 😁
Ok, here’s my question. On Glenview Ave on the north side between 164 and 182 (between Rosewell Ave and Avenue Road) was a huge mansion, with beautiful trees on a large lot. It did not match the neighborhood houses. The widow had a parrot that was put outside in the summers. This was the 1960’s and 1970’s for me.
When I went back around 2008, the mansion was gone! Replaced by three houses, which sort of blend in architecturally. At one point I thought this mansion was originally the only building of its time, with a driveway from Glengrove Avenue, before Glenview Ave existed.

Back