8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Mississauga Muse

Member Bio
Reaction score
Aloha from Maui, Urban TO Forumers (but especially Mississaugans)

The June 20, 2007 Mississauga Council minutes just tipped me over the edge and I just can't take it anymore. It's time to turn the Mississauga Council soap opera into a cartoon.

Introducing "Howzit" -a Hawaiian green sea turtle who wins a month-long trip to Mississauga. A new cartoon will appear every Saturday.

MISSISSAUGA -Howzit's Going
752645370_0585ee3642_o.jpg

752645362_655ca9b0ec_o.jpg

752645310_0374522e94_o.jpg

Signed,
The (Disgusticated Had it up to Here-icated) Mississauga Muse

My Blog: Mississauga Musings

The Mississauga Muse cartoon...

Muse: How did you come up with the turtles used in your comic? All you need is a little clever animation with a good turtle voice to put it to life!
On the other hand,Michigan J. Frog from the old WB Network can do a vaudeville-like rendition "Miss-Miss-Miss-suss-suss-suss-auga-auga-auga" Perhaps his name can be changed to Mississauga J. Frog!! LI MIKE

Hey there, Long Island Mike

You asked:

How did you come up with the turtles used in your comic?

Well before we studied municipal evil empire governances, we researched sea turtles. In fact we still research sea turtles. We're here on Maui diving with them.

Here, let me show you a sea turtle video that we produced just this week. It's called Honu Hula (Honu is Hawaiian for "green sea turtle")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1BFffJiO8

We have a webpage called Turtle Trax and it's all about Hawaiian sea turtles.

Now we're directing our attention to Mississauga --and Ontario municipal governance in general. Municipalities. What Ontario Ombudsman refers to as the "zone of immunity". No one's investigating what municipalities actually do and someone's got to do it.

What we've learned so far about Ontario municipal governance is that the only mature, rational response to The Big Lie is to turn it all into a comic strip. After all, write what you know. Also draw what you know. We know sea turtles.

Long Island Mike, you wrote:

All you need is a little clever animation with a good turtle voice to put it to life!

Actually part of our plan is clever animation of Mississauga Muncipal Mayor and Councillors to try and put THEM into life!

You wrote:

On the other hand,Michigan J. Frog from the old WB Network can do a vaudeville-like rendition "Miss-Miss-Miss-suss-suss-suss-auga-auga-auga"

Re: " a vaudeville-like rendition "Miss-Miss-Miss-suss-suss-suss-auga-auga-auga", too late there, Dude.

Hazel McCallion's already done one. Here.

Hazel McCallion "Miss-Miss-Miss-suss-suss-suss-auga-auga-auga" The Best City in Canada!

and here:

Hazel McCallion "Miss-Miss-Miss-suss-suss-suss-auga-auga-auga" Best City in Canada"

and here:

Hazel McCallion "Miss-Miss-Miss-suss-suss-suss-auga-auga-auga" The Best, Jerry, The Best!

Last, LIM you wrote:

Perhaps his name can be changed to Mississauga J. Frog!! LI MIKE

Neat idea but I hope you can see that Mississauga doesn't need a Mississauga J. Frog when we have Hello My Honey Hello My Baby Hello MY MISSISSAUGA Hazel McCallion.

Signed,
The Mississauga Muse

Hi there unimaginative2, glad the toons brought you a smile.

We've now archived the Mississauga-based comic strip at. The first and second strips are at:

MISSISSAUGA "Howzit's Going!"

Here's the third --this weekend's:

Howzit's Rued Surprise (yes "Rued")

868807838_2813561d43_o.jpg

868807826_c29c597a7f_o.jpg

868807824_180e530975_o.jpg

Signed,
The (Time fo' dive) Mississauga Muse

Thanks to Observer Walt, Long Island Mike, unimaginative2, syn, and yes, indense, for your comments.

If you've been reading the other thread in Politics, "Mississauga Pothole Poet --guilty" you'll know that I haven't been able to come to terms with what happened to Mississauga's 75-year old Pothole Poet and how he was --in the words of a Peel Regional Police interrogation officer-- "shut out by City Hall".

I've chosen to respond with a comic strip because that's how I see Mississauga municipal governance. A bunch of cartoon characters --some, insufferable buffoons-- engaged in a ritualized drama of mutual pretense that extends all the way up to the Mississauga MPP's.

Here is this week's comic. It refers to this article in The Mississauga News.

930067887_2b312445f1_o.jpg

And so Howzit who just won a trip to Mississauga discovers to his mortification that he too wrote a Pothole Poem...

929843151_a65b4f9eaa_o.jpg

930678172_886fc5e568_o.jpg

930678162_78163e7605_o.jpg

Special thanks to Mississauga City Council for providing never-ending inspiration for this new cartoon series.

Signed,
The Mississauga Muse

Back