News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Really excited to see this picking up more steam.

One part of the stadium I'm interested in seeing a solution for is the parking situation. While it seems to be agreed upon that the stadium should sit in or around downtown, it'll be interesting to see how the city manages parking with a major stadium downtown. I hope the city decides to stay away from bundling the new stadium with a huge parking space around it..

Hmm?, a 7-10.000 seat stadium doesn't necessarily need a massive parking lot, look @ Toronto with the 9.500 seat Lamport Stadium, not much there

One part of the stadium I'm interested in seeing a solution for is the parking situation. While it seems to be agreed upon that the stadium should sit in or around downtown, it'll be interesting to see how the city manages parking with a major stadium downtown. I hope the city decides to stay away from bundling the new stadium with a huge parking space around it. I think this will be an excellent opportunity to develop a sort of centralized parking authority similar to Green P in Toronto.

If Lansdowne Park in Ottawa can do it so can Mississauga.

One part of the stadium I'm interested in seeing a solution for is the parking situation. While it seems to be agreed upon that the stadium should sit in or around downtown, it'll be interesting to see how the city manages parking with a major stadium downtown. I hope the city decides to stay away from bundling the new stadium with a huge parking space around it. I think this will be an excellent opportunity to develop a sort of centralized parking authority similar to Green P in Toronto.

Where are you seeing that the location is agreed upon? In fact, part of the study the city is paying for is to included a discussion about locations.

Since the city owns more land at it's new waterfront than it does in its downtown, I would bet that if this stadium goes ahead it is down on the lake....as close to the intersection of Lakeshore and Hurontario as the city owns enough land.

Where are you seeing that the location is agreed upon? In fact, part of the study the city is paying for is to included a discussion about locations.

Since the city owns more land at it's new waterfront than it does in its downtown, I would bet that if this stadium goes ahead it is down on the lake....as close to the intersection of Lakeshore and Hurontario as the city owns enough land.

When I said that, I was talking in regard to the opinions of people in this thread. I wasn't saying anything about an actual selected location. Of course we have no idea what will actually happen until the study is complete.

Down on the lake isn't a bad idea either. Anywhere along the future Hurontario LRT would be a good location. However, downtown would be the most beneficial for helping in growing a more active core for the city.

Last edited:

He is probably going on this:
The feasibility study will identify possible locations for a stadium, with the downtown core near Square One seen as a popular prospect given the anticipated boost in business among shops and restaurants. The city intends to fund the stadium through private means and partnerships, as opposed to public money.

Im not saying other places are the middle of nowhere but if Mississauga is trying to do its best to get people out and about and consider it more than a bedroom community it would do well to place it where people are already going.... the mall and their new square.

The Playdium go-cart track and adjacent empty field is able to fit the original BMO stadium (21,000 capacity). If they are looking for a stadium to hold 10,000, it could work. Parking would be less of a factor considering the Rathburn HLRT station will be right beside it.

The Playdium go-cart track and adjacent empty field is able to fit the original BMO stadium (21,000 capacity). If they are looking for a stadium to hold 10,000, it could work. Parking would be less of a factor considering the Rathburn HLRT station will be right beside it.
Good idea but SQ1 would have to buy into it otherwise the city would have to fork over some big bucks to buy the land.

I don't think that there is available land in PC or Lakeview to build a stadium. West Village (PC) and Inspiration Lakeview has all but used it all up.
The IL masterplan is so conceptual at the moment that anything is possible there.

DJI_0920.JPG
DJI_0919.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0920.JPG
    DJI_0920.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 989
  • DJI_0919.JPG
    DJI_0919.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 911

Back