News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Should we whip them with our belt because we love, or secretly spite/are jealous of them?

Let me pull an adma:

devowhip-it.jpg

AoD

You guys can make all the fun you want about the issue.

But the fact of the matter is Toronto has to put Mississauga and Vaughan in their place, or Toronto is going to end up just like an American city, with suburbs eating off the city, and suburbs out to get the city.

You let Mississauga keep this crap up, and thats whats going to happen. Mississauga is the next Livonia in the making.

Toronto has to get tough with its suburbs like Mississauga, the way Chicago does.

Toronto should annex all the land that Pearson sits on(if we where able to, I know the province would have to allow it). But that is what Chicago does, when the airport expands, they just go in there and take over the surrounding suburb. That shows the suburbs whos the boss.

Mississauga has to understand they are the child, and Toronto is the parents. Mississauga must listen to us, and be glad they are here, because its Toronto that fathered them.

As interesting as that scenario maybe, how would you propose Toronto going about doing that, within the current legal framework? Comparing the action undertaken in Chicago to the situation in Toronto, without consideration of the jurisdictional and political framework is a meaningless exercise.

Only the province has the ultimate authority to unilaterally allow annexations to occur - I think you've got the cart before the horse.

It would be far more realistic to wish for a regional government encompassing the entire GTA that would consider regional planning, commercial taxation, social expenditure and transit funding at a scale that make sense.

AoD

Toronto has to get tough with its suburbs like Mississauga, the way Chicago does.

Toronto should annex all the land that Pearson sits on(if we where able to, I know the province would have to allow it). But that is what Chicago does, when the airport expands, they just go in there and take over the surrounding suburb. That shows the suburbs whos the boss.

Mississauga has to understand they are the child, and Toronto is the parents. Mississauga must listen to us, and be glad they are here, because its Toronto that fathered them.

Mike you've got it all wrong.

Toronto and Mississauga are the 'children' and the Province fathered both of them.

Both Toronto and Mississauga only legally exist due to provincial legislation. They are currently equal in every aspect until Bill 53 recieved Royal Asecent.

That shows the suburbs whos the boss.

Toronto is in no way shape or form Mississauga's boss and never will be unless the real boss (Ontario) decides for some reason to make it so.

Can you explain what it is you want Toronto to do? Please I would really really like to know what's going on in your head whenever you rant about the suburbs (where you live)

Are all us Toronto residents supposed to form the Toronto Militia and all go down to Mississauga next weekend and stir up some shit to show them suburbanites who their daddy is?

Are all us Toronto residents supposed to form the Toronto Militia and all go down to Mississauga next weekend and stir up some shit to show them suburbanites who their daddy is?

The sad thing is that it probably would not be too hard to find willing recruits for such a mission.

"Fathered"? Where's the mother?

Ah, that miketoronto. Forever sounding like the kind of guy who never gets his girl because all the girls think he's an anti-feminist weirdo nutcase--and with the stalking/harassment court injunctions to prove it...

"Sounding like". That is, figuratively. Y'know, if guys courting girls had his attitude...

AlvinofDiaspar:
It would be far more realistic to wish for a regional government encompassing the entire GTA that would consider regional planning, commercial taxation, social expenditure and transit funding at a scale that make sense.

This is definitely what I wish for--it would at least reflect reality.

miketoronto:
Toronto should annex all the land that Pearson sits on(if we where able to, I know the province would have to allow it).

I thought Pearson was under federal jurisdiction :p

Back