News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

43, 25, 37, 74 are on the chopping block.

As for the fare, it is the city itself for allow low density in the first place as well poor service. If there was better service, ridership would increase, but better density would be better. You can only blame the province for some of the problems. Poor land use goes along way for all cities as well the greed of the oil industries for low ridership as well poor planning and schedules.

If the provincial 50% operating cost subsidy was brought back, all systems including MT could increase service substantially, while reducing fares at the same time.

You can't expect cities to be planned around transit when the province takes away all the funding for it.

Finally killing this sucker

City Centre Shuttle – One Year Review (Wards 4 and 7)
Corporate Report dated November 6, 2008 from the Commissioner of
Transportation and Works with respect to the City Centre Shuttle, one year
review.
RECOMMENDATION
That the Transportation and Works Department cancel Route 74-City Centre
Shuttle effective January 5, 2008 due to low ridership levels and the loss of
corporate sponsorship.
RECOMMEND APPROVAL
TS.19.Shu

Not surprise they are asking for more money. I said in 2004 it was going to cost more than what the cost would be allow for inflation.

Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project Update
Corporate Report dated November 5, 2008 from the Commissioner of
Transportation and Works with respect to an update on the Mississauga Bus
Rapid Transit Project.
RECOMMENDATION
1. That the Transportation and Works Department initiate the process to
seek funding for the additional project costs related to the Mississauga
Segments of the Mississauga BRT Project from the Province of Ontario
and/or the Federal Government.
2. That the report to General Committee entitled, “Mississauga Bus Rapid
Transit (BRT) Project Update†dated November 19, 2008 be forwarded
to Metrolinx for information.
RECOMMEND APPROVAL
TS.14.Brt

The shuttle was so pointless. Nobody is more than a quick walk to Square One, if they're living in the city centre anyway.

The problem with the shuttle was that, due to the layover at the terminal, it could be used only for travel to and from terminal, and there are already 20 or so other bus routes that can be used for the exact same purpose. If there was no layover, it would have been more useful way to travel between a variety of destinations in the city centre, not just to and from the terminal.

Finally killing this sucker

City Centre Shuttle – One Year Review (Wards 4 and 7)
Corporate Report dated November 6, 2008 from the Commissioner of
Transportation and Works

That the Transportation and Works Department cancel Route 74-City Centre
Shuttle effective January 5, 2008 due to low ridership levels

Apparantly the ridership was so low they can cancel the route retroactively!!!

I had to laugh at that date as I miss it. 74 is official dead as of today.

Dec 5 will see the final cuts and service plan for 2009 when the reports goes to Budget meeting following general committee meeting.

Route 19 makes a profit of $.18 off each of the 13, 832 riders using it on Sat for $2,489.76 and come Jan 5, it will see 2 additional buses as well on Sunday since 8,340 cause a profit of $.47 for $4,003.20

Route 5B that carries 2,329 weekday makes a profit of $.11 per rider for $256.19 or, $1,280.95 a week.

Route 20 makes a profit $.13 on Sunday.

51A makes $.11 well 61A makes $.05 for weekday service.

110 is to be eliminated from Clarkson to UTM. I said there was never a need for this section when first proposed and a money pit.

Route 8 finally, finally will be cut in haft fall 2009 and will only operate between PC and Clarkson. It will take over 37A route also since MT still has to provide 1 bus for it now as recommend by council.

60 is to be eliminated in place of 25 now. Free parking at lisgar is the reason

Route to see increase of service are at this time, 26, 48, 5.

System wide cost ratio is going to fall from 60% to 50% in 2009.

^ If that's the case I can see some major complaining. This part of route 8 serves the Miss. Senior's Centre, and I'm sure they will start complaining. It also serves Cawthra Park high school, a school with a specialized arts program, which draws students from all over Mississauga.

My ideal set-up for how to replace would be:
1. Route starting at Port Credit, east along Lakeshore to Cawthra, north on Lakeshore until Burnhamthorpe, west on Burnhamthorpe to Square One. Ideally would be every 20/30 minutes maximum.
*Could also start at Long Branch and follow the same routing*

2. Route starting at Port Credit, east along Lakeshore, north on Hurontario, east on Mineloa, to Atwater, and east on Atwater to Haig. North on Haig, east on South Service and into Dixie Mall. Probably 30-60 minute service would work. Considering other "major" alternatives exist.

3. Not completely sure how to resolve the Mississauga Valley portion. Ideally I'd like to see the 3 Bloor follow it's current routing to Mississauga Valley Blvd, then south to Central Parkway and then east to Bloor and follow Bloor as is. More frequent service on the 3 would also be nice.

4. New loop service on the Valley that connects to Square One. 15 minute service would be ideal.

^ If that's the case I can see some major complaining. This part of route 8 serves the Miss. Senior's Centre, and I'm sure they will start complaining. It also serves Cawthra Park high school, a school with a specialized arts program, which draws students from all over Mississauga.

In all my travels on 8, I have seen only 2 seniors use the centre. Sorry no complaint will be accepted.

Back in 2003, I call for a new Cawthra bus running from the Lakeshore to Derry by 410 that would service industries and now the BRT, as well an north-south route.

We cannot continue to throw buses out there that have to go to Sq One as part of the route would dilute the current routes as well adding extra cost and continue the empty bus look. Will have to do transferring, but they need to be painless.

Last edited:
My ideal set-up for how to replace would be:
1. Route starting at Port Credit, east along Lakeshore to Cawthra, north on Lakeshore until Burnhamthorpe, west on Burnhamthorpe to Square One. Ideally would be every 20/30 minutes maximum.
*Could also start at Long Branch and follow the same routing*

2. Route starting at Port Credit, east along Lakeshore, north on Hurontario, east on Mineloa, to Atwater, and east on Atwater to Haig. North on Haig, east on South Service and into Dixie Mall. Probably 30-60 minute service would work. Considering other "major" alternatives exist.

3. Not completely sure how to resolve the Mississauga Valley portion. Ideally I'd like to see the 3 Bloor follow it's current routing to Mississauga Valley Blvd, then south to Central Parkway and then east to Bloor and follow Bloor as is. More frequent service on the 3 would also be nice.

4. New loop service on the Valley that connects to Square One. 15 minute service would be ideal.

Yours are close to what I have call for, for the past 5 years.

For the valley, I call for a loop 100% around the valley bi-direction every 30 minutes, 7 days a week. There was a route like this at one time. It would reduce the ridership on #3.

The Dixie is what I have call for and 30 minutes max.

As for Cawthra, as noted above.

As for #3 going along Central Parkway, I looked at this, but it carries to many riders to/from Islington along the existing section of the Valley. The change in Dec 2006 attract more riders now.

Central Parkway would be used by a new route that runs from Islington to Meadowville by Creditview/Derry Rd operating every 30 minutes.

We need to set 30 minute as max for the system as anything beyond that is wasting riders time.

3. Not completely sure how to resolve the Mississauga Valley portion.

I think this part of the current route 8 can be taken over by route 53. This would also give the 53 better connections with route 3 and 26.

The Meadows Blvd section of the 53 would be taken over by the new Cawthra route.

• More Pre-BRT Limited Stops routes
• 101 DUNDAS (Islington to Trafalgar Oakville)
• 102 HURONTARIO
• 107 AIRPORT
• Strengthening core routes
• DIXIE, MCLAUGHLIN/CONFEDERATION
• Continued service rationalization
• Streamlining local neighbourhood routes

RGS Year 4 and 5 Highlights
• Resetting Local Feeders
• City Centre, Meadowvale, Churchill Meadows, Malton
• Consolidating Main Corridors
• Frequencies tailored to revenue streams
• Fine-tuning connectivity with BRT design
• Limited Stops Service
• 104 - Derry (East-West)
• Prepare for launching full BRT service

• 15 new buses
• 3.6% increase in fleet size in calendar 2009
• Over 2,200,000 additional kilometres covered
• 7.9% increase in mileage in RGS year 3 alone
• 55 RGS new Transit Operators will be hired to offer an additional 87,600 hours of transit service (annualized)
• 14.7% increase in service hours over 2007 baseline levels

Diesel budgeted at $1.03 per litre
• Increase of $0.20 from the 2008 budgeted price
• November price at $0.95/litre (excl. GST)
• Includes B5 bio-diesel

Proposed plan
• DC buses – 8 diesel per year
• Growth Strategy buses – 7 per year in 2009 and 2010; thereafter, not funded
• Metrolinx buses – 22 articulated buses in 2010
• 15 BRT buses moved from 2010 to 2012

Total fleet expansion over 10 years
• 94 - 40 foot buses
• 37 - 60 foot buses (Metrolinx funded & BRT)
• $79.1 million
Total fleet replacement over 10 years
• 292 buses
• $136 million

Adding
• 12 ElDorado thirty foot buses (2008 order; delivery Sept) Orders for delivery in 2010
• 22 pre-BRT buses for Dundas/Hurontario corridors (Metrolinx) *
• 20 forty foot replacement buses (98 series) * * Council pre-approval required (0nly haft of existing fleet) • 15 growth buses

Central Parkway 2007-2009
• maintenance facility and bus storage expansion and renovation
revised project cost $83.8 million
report to Council pending Third Facility
• to accommodate proposed fleet expansion
• Land acquisition (2008) increased from $9 million to $12 million
tax co-funding (10%) added
• Design (2011) $2 million
• Construction – 2012 to 2014
Cost estimate increased from $40 million to $60 million
tax co-funding (10%) added

Budget $17 M total – Cash flow: 2009 $3.5 M, 2010 $8 M, 2011 $3.5 M
Related to the integration of Transit Smart Bus Technologies with
Transit’s Operational Systems, like:
• AVL/GPS (Automatic vehicle location/Global positioning system)
• TSP (Traffic signal priority)
• APC (Automatic passenger counts)

• Mississauga BRT Project
• BRT West (Winston Churchill to Erin Mills)
• BRT East (City Centre to Renforth Drive)
• 18 km transit corridor (11 km of dedicated busway)
• 11 BRT Stations
• 23 bridge structures
• Project Costs
• $259 million (original commitment)
• $326 million (total costs)
• $67 million (currently unfunded)
• $52.5 million (City Segments)
• $14.5 million (GO Segments

• Project Milestones
• Preliminary Design 2008
• Federal EA 2008
• Property Acquisition 2009
• Detailed Design 2009
• Construction 2009 to 2012
• Full Operation 2012
• Bus Acquisition 2012 - 15 vehicles

Fast Track Benefits Case Analyses for Metrolinx Board Reporting in Summer 2009:
Hurontario
• 20 km of inter-regional rapid transit along corridor from Port
Credit north to Downtown Brampton
• Connecting with Brampton Main Street AcceleRide Corridor
• Feasibility Study underway
• Phase 1 Completion - 2009
Dundas
• Approx. 17 km of inter-regional rapid transit along corridor from Halton to Toronto
• Priority phase 10 km from Hurontario to Kipling Subway
• $3M received from province to initiate feasibility study
• Scheduled project initiation - 2009

Fare Increase Jan 28
Cash Fare $2.75 to $3
Tickets up $.10, not the plan $.20
Weekly pass goes from $24 to $26
Monthly Pass

Route 74 cancel Jan 5
Route 26 and 48 increase of headway at night Jan 26
Route 15B midday and Route 60 cancel Mar 23. Route 5 will see headway increase at night also.
Route 63 cancel May 19
Route 43 Cancel July 6
Route 37 cancel Oct 19 with Route 8 taking over 37A. It proposed that only one am, pm peak bus will operate on the 37 section.

When will drivers learn that running hot will get you problems especially when you are 12 minute ahead of schedule????

Back