News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Oakville and Mississauga should work together to expand the Mississauga transitway westward to Trafalgar/ 407 park & ride. This would give Oakville residents easier access to Square One.

Mississauga should also look at expanding the Transitway north alongside the 410 till it reaches the 407. Put a stop at Courtney Park. This extension would be beneficial for GO buses as they wouldn't have to merge onto the 403 inorder to get onto the 407.

Don't just write that here, send an email to the Mayor of Oakville, and cc the Chair of Halton Region with your idea.

Oakville Mayor - Rob Burton:

mayor@oakville.ca

Halton Region Chair - Gary Carr:

gary.carr@halton.ca

According to a notices, all 2300 buses will have white display starting Aug 5 as well the 82 24 00buses that will start to arrive this month until March 2025

It doesn't state what is to happen for the 1000-2200 and expect the same will happen with 700-800 not being done since they are past their retirement date already with the 900 schedule to be retire after all the 2400 are here

The 1000 are due to retire in 2026 with the hybrids hanging around a few more years due to cost to replace them and not all of the blue ones still haven't been paint orange yet.
feels like a bit of a waste to change all the screens

Not when you can see them and read them better than the old ones
To be fair how many routes interline? If you see a bus approaching “your” stop it’s likely the right one 95% of the time.

I’m on my 5th miway bus of the day, and everyone of them has had something broken. AC, stop request signs. And I think the power plugs on the blue former express buses seemed to stop working years ago!

IMG_0323.jpeg

To be fair how many routes interline? If you see a bus approaching “your” stop it’s likely the right one 95% of the time.

I’m on my 5th miway bus of the day, and everyone of them has had something broken. AC, stop request signs. And I think the power plugs on the blue former express buses seemed to stop working years ago!

View attachment 585112
What about CCTT and other terminals as buses arrive or depart or routes where there are more than one route on them. It boils down to customer service and better informing them. One reason why route names were change to get rid of scrolling display as well being more clear where they go.

As for things broken, it happens on other systems as well. Send a list in to customer service of what you found broken along with a bus number if you have one.

If you are standing on a street and wondering where your bus is, the white stands out more than other colours.

HRS
53387215138_0e749d6132_b.jpg

GRT
53700448523_df005e6790_b.jpg

miWay (this bus about to turn right off Hurontario on its normal routing)
53878715557_e9b8b4a0c0_b.jpg

53722161404_b1e5f05025_b.jpg

Still has issues
133A5827.JPG

I like the new displays on the buses. They're very crisp and clear and make it easy to see what the bus says. A lot of the orange ones either looked like they were dying, or were corrupted / dead in the water on some of MiWay's fleet.

Back