News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

And regarding Total Recall, anyone know if the film will actually take place in Toronto?.... i'm still waiting for a big film that shows off the CN tower ON PURPOSE! (not one of those, "look closely in the rear view mirror of the car and you can make out the silhouette of what appears to be the CN Tower")

Brief synopsis:
The new story involves nation states Euromerica and New Shanghai, with Douglas Quaid (Farrell), a factory worker in the latter who begins to believe he is a spy, although he doesn’t know for which side.” Cranston plays Vilos Cohaagen, “the leader of Euromerica who, under the cover of protecting his people, is secretly readying an invasion of New Shanghai.”

So... probably not :(

Brief synopsis:
The new story involves nation states Euromerica and New Shanghai, with Douglas Quaid (Farrell), a factory worker in the latter who begins to believe he is a spy, although he doesn’t know for which side.†Cranston plays Vilos Cohaagen, “the leader of Euromerica who, under the cover of protecting his people, is secretly readying an invasion of New Shanghai.â€

So... probably not :(

LOL! so i'm guessing in the future, the Americas and European countries combine to form a supernation... and Shanghai (a city) becomes a nation.... epic...

do you guys think there's any chance of Man of Steel (aka Superman) being filmed in Toronto?... afterall., Metropolis was originally designed after Toronto.

LOL! so i'm guessing in the future, the Americas and European countries combine to form a supernation... and Shanghai (a city) becomes a nation.... epic...

do you guys think there's any chance of Man of Steel (aka Superman) being filmed in Toronto?... afterall., Metropolis was originally designed after Toronto.

I think the name comes from the film, Metropolis (recently beautifully restored and re-issued on DVD & Blu ray)

"Take this Waltz" (saw it at TIFF) has lots of great shots of Toronto, decent movie too. Should open this fall.

During my brief stint as an extra, I was on set for Scott Pilgrim and Chloe, both unique for featuring Toronto AS Toronto (extremely so, with emphasis on the hang-outs of 2 very different sects of people). I was happy to have made it into both :)

"Take this Waltz" (saw it at TIFF) has lots of great shots of Toronto, decent movie too. Should open this fall.

Agreed. "Take this Waltz" is Toronto playing Toronto, and shows off the city (particularly the west side) beautifully.

From a few years ago, "Breakfast with Scot" was filmed extensively in Toronto (and Hamilton, I believe).

Last edited:
i'm actually really looking forward to Total Recall... i can't say it's going to be a good movie, but the fact that it was filmed on Toronto city streets is really cool. especially for a film that big.

and of course, Toronto is a stand in.... again..

I came across this while browsing the poster sell-off on the Rio cinema's Facebook page. I barely remember this 1982 film, it must have came & went quickly. I thought that the 1-sheet poster was very cool!

Highpoint.jpg

I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but Outrageous! starring Craig Russell. I just ordered the DVD for an American friend and said I'm sending him a Canadian cult classic that shows what Toronto was like in the 1970's.

MV5BMTUwMDE2NDI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU4NTYyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khDNkmjg8_U

Good one! A gem of a movie that has pretty much disappeared and never really got the respect it deserved, except during it's long theatrical run at the York cinema (pretty sure that's where I saw it).

Struggle, (The story of Darren) by Bruce Locke.

Recently I have discovered a very nice film by Bruce Locke. It is entitled "Struggle, (The story of Darren)". The film is about the gay life in Toronto. It is available on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNetfbyFQaE

I like this movie very much. And I would like to translate it into Russian, i. e. make a subtitles file in Russian. However, my English is not enough to understand all of the dialogs in this film. I need help from a native English speaker who would watch the movie and write me its dialogs as a text. My e-mails are ruslan.anvarov.ufa@mail.ru and ruslan.anvarov.ufa@gmail.com. Please contact me if you are ready to help me.

Back