News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The pilot to Fringe was shot in Toronto
The TV Show The Firm and flashpoint are shot in Toronto
The TV Show Rules of engagement uses external b-roll of Toronto
The Movie The Sentinel was shot and takes place in Toronto

Recently getting back into watching La Femme Nikita. I watched it on and off when it was still being produced. Now I try to catch it as much as I can because of the great views of Toronto of the late '90s.

Showcase's King has returned for a second season. There's very little hiding it's Toronto.

I like how there are 9 pages of trash like television dramas and scott pilgrim but nobody even mentioned cronenberg

Last edited:
not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the tv show suits, squint your eyes at the end of this video and you'll see Bay Adelaide and Trump's exterior from street level

skip to the end of the video:

[video=youtube;O3TamoqoJNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3TamoqoJNM[/video]

lol! when toronto usually fills a spot for another city, it's usually new york... but in that photo, it looks like some city in asia? ^ lol.. nice...

wait a sec- i know where this is! lol

Yonge-stret for the resident evil movie... did they actually shoot on Yonge? (is it actually in the movie?). or is this just a promotional photoshopped image?

resident-evil-retribution-06036_r-610x406.jpg

I can see a few blocks being closed for filming on a Sunday but not much more than that, so I'd say it's a CGI job.

Take This Waltz by Sarah Polley came out on June 29. Even though I never watch romantic comedies, I will be sure to see this one to support another major movie that showcases Toronto. I heard that it really captures the city's beauty, which is great because good films expose Toronto to more people around the world and can improve our sense of civic pride.

I checked this thread to see whether Take This Waltz would be referenced...sure enough...

Most of them are, or were. The one in 3D begins right across from Roy Thompson Hall with a crazy gory opening sequence.

Back