News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If you've ever been on a Vekoma SLC then chances are you've already ridden top gun without knowing it, this same ride appears at least a dozen or so times throughout north america alone.

I don't know what a Vekoma SLC is...the only other amusement park I can remember going to is DisneyWorld (Space Mountain is terrifying for a 6-year old, especially if the restraints aren't tight enough to prevent you from being lifted off your seat and airborne for the whole ride).

Oh yeah...is the Zumba Flume ride still at Wonderland? I love log flume rides.

I think it always had the silly dragon and I don't really remember the flourescenet tubes to be honest.

Do you remember the pre-Thunder Run outdoor version Blauer Enzian?

----------

BTW, I've moved this thread to Out & About as it seems a more appropriate place for it.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if it's moved into the Construction section since the coaster is "Under-Construction"???

Oh yeah...is the Zumba Flume ride still at Wonderland? I love log flume rides.
I think the Zumba Flume came down around the same time as Timber Wolf falls was built (late 1980s) as it would have seemed redundant to have two very similar rides. I think Top Gun and the Tomb Raider rides are on the former Zumba Flume grounds.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if it's moved into the Construction section since the coaster is "Under-Construction"???
It's not really a building and this thread seems to be dealing with lots of different Wonderland-related issues. Moreover, Wonderland is recreational in nature so "Out & About" seems right to me.

Zumba flume was around in the mid-90s...due to a few season's passes I went to Wonderland dozens of times c.'92-'94 and I always rode the flume ride.

*checks google*

Zumba flume was replaced by Top Gun.

While I'm not complaining... why would they spend so much money if Wonderland is already amongst the most attended theme parks in the world?

I really hope they're planning on expanding the size of the park to meet the demand for this coaster. The lineups are already huge on most days and with more people being attracted to the park after this announcement, I can see all the excess people ending up in lines on the other popular rides.

A bigger park with more must see rides is probably the best solution short of closing the park on certain days for pass holders only.

While I'm not complaining... why would they spend so much money if Wonderland is already amongst the most attended theme parks in the world?

I really hope they're planning on expanding the size of the park to meet the demand for this coaster. The lineups are already huge on most days and with more people being attracted to the park after this announcement, I can see all the excess people ending up in lines on the other popular rides.

A bigger park with more must see rides is probably the best solution short of closing the park on certain days for pass holders only.

I would expect that the opposite will occur. Go to other amusement parks where a flagship ride has been built, and the lines for older rides shrivel down to almost nothing. In fact, don't even go to another amusement park - just head over to Dragon Fire. Being old can crappy by comparison, the line is minutes even on the busiest of days while at the same time, you could wait an hour for other rides.

In the past, all visitors went on all rides. Now, all visitors will go on some rides because after riding Behemoth, certain rides will be skippable. I wouldn't be surprised if the wait on the new ride will approach 3 hours on many days, while other rides will experience a net drop in ridership.

Edit: did some research. Cedar Point's webpage lists ridership on all roller coasters since 1996. Between 1996 and 2003, total ridership on all roller coasters increased by 13%. However, ridership on those rides that existed prior to 1996 actually dropped by 8% between 1996 and 2003. Because people are drawn to new rides, existing rides will have shorter lines even if more people are at the park. Unfortunately, that means that new rides have ridiculous waiting times.

People wait 3 hours to get on a ride?

I did twice in one day, for the same ride.

Trust me, Top Thrill Dragster was worth every second of the wait!

I think I'll have to be one of the idiots waiting at the gates at 10am sprinting towards the Behemoth in order to avoid such a nasty wait time, I've still got a good set of legs so it won't kill me :D Once done I'll enjoy the rest of the parks new shorter lines.

Also I'd note that it looks like this thing is going to be a people eater, with 3 trains being run in an efficient manner the line will always feel like it's moving, kind of like Vortex (which only feels that way because the ride is soooooo short).

I was disappointed to see that Cedar Fair hasn't upped Wonderland's coasters to their traditional 3 train operations that they use in Cedar Point, it makes for quicker queue times providing you have competent ride operators, which Wonderland is sorely lacking in (at least compared to CP). On Skyrider one train would be in the station while the crews check everyone's restraints while the other was waiting to come into the station, come on! Do this while it's still making it's run so when the next train comes in it will leave asap rather than go a minute with no train on the track, total waste of time!!! Stupid ride ops or a stupid system? I think it's a bit of both.

People wait 3 hours to get on a ride?

I'll assume you've never been to DisneyWorld: in one day we only got onto about 4 rides since the wait for each of them was several hours. The beginning of the line for Space Mountain was outside of Tomorrowland...a 4 to 5 hour wait.

One of the best ideas I found at Universal Studios was that you could grab a ticket to ride the ride at a certain time of day. So when you arrive at the line at say 11am, you can grab a ticket for a 3pm ride time. You then come at 3 and line up in a much shorter line to avoid the 4 hour wait.

i saw those pics of the coaster and got really sad. :(

the lap bar restraints might give a person some air time if their not all the way down.

rollercoasterrm5.png

Back