News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Well hopefully if (and that's still a big if I think, we don't know the results of the June election obviously) Finch & Sheppard are cancelled the money will be put to good use on another worthwhile transit project in Toronto.

My other hope is that something is built eventually and that we stick with a plan long enough for something to actually be completed. The worse scenario in my mind is that constantly changing plans every couple of years results in decades of nothing being built.

At least people here seem to realize that things are not being built because the proposals are just to controversial.

Does it really make sense to spend $1B on Sheppard just to kill the subway?

If we would concentrate on areas where there is consensus - and then look at areas where consensus can be obtained between opposing solutions - and only then built the controversial ones - then we would actually show some progress.

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate the NDP more than I already do. But now I do.

What makes you so sure the Liberals won't win again? You better have a backup plan to move your business.

Exactly. Some people are acting as if a PC win is given. I'd say that anything from a PC minority to a Liberal majority is possible. I'm not making any bets.

Edit: Forgot to add PC Majority.

Last edited:
heres hoping the angry liberals who left to become NDPers rethink their allegiance and come back to the liberal party. Doubling down and joining the PC is like jumping off a bridge just to save face.

Exactly. Some people are acting as if a PC win is given. I'd say that anything from a PC minority to a Liberal majority is possible. I'm not making any bets.

I would say PC majority, PC strong minority (with piecemeal support from opposition), Liberal strong minority (with silent NDP* backing as is the status quo), and NDP-Liberal coalition (as 2-3 parties) are all possibilities.
* - it would be a bit too hypocritical for the NDP to openly support the Liberals, so a Liberal-NDP coalition (as 2-3 parties) is probably not possible unless the NDP actually get some cabinet ministers.

Look at the recent Quebec election. Once people actually start thinking about their vote - they are likely to change it.

I would say PC majority, PC strong minority (with piecemeal support from opposition), Liberal strong minority (with silent NDP* backing as is the status quo), and NDP-Liberal coalition (as 2-3 parties) are all possibilities.
* - it would be a bit too hypocritical for the NDP to openly support the Liberals, so a Liberal-NDP coalition (as 2-3 parties) is probably not possible unless the NDP actually get some cabinet ministers.

Look at the recent Quebec election. Once people actually start thinking about their vote - they are likely to change it.

I think these results of this election will boil down to 2 factors:

1) How many people who voted for the NDP the last time will stay there, and how many will move back to the Liberals (recent polls seem to indicate that support for the NDP is dwindling).

2) How many times Tim Hudak puts his foot in his mouth.

1) How many people who voted for the NDP the last time will stay there, and how many will move back to the Liberals (recent polls seem to indicate that support for the NDP is dwindling).

NDP support is pretty steady. As are the other parties.

http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/ontario.html

Averages+track.PNG

3) How many people want change and are fed up with the Liberal scandals

Well hopefully if (and that's still a big if I think, we don't know the results of the June election obviously) Finch & Sheppard are cancelled the money will be put to good use on another worthwhile transit project in Toronto.

My other hope is that something is built eventually and that we stick with a plan long enough for something to actually be completed. The worse scenario in my mind is that constantly changing plans every couple of years results in decades of nothing being built.

So your idea of sticking with a plan is cancelling Finch & Sheppard?

Some people hate LRTS so much they bought into the idea PCS will cancel all LRT and actually build Subways Subways Subways. Rob Ford really Fd Toronto... we may now get no LRT lines ever. BTW Andrea couldnt even build a raft.

I still have hope that Eglinton will be finished as an LRT...

This is exactly why i would have rather they have put all the money on one line. Do eglinton from the airport to scarborough. It is suppose to be called a crosstown. Take the finch and Sheppard LRT money and finish Eglinton. I really hate starting and stopping plans.. I was happy we were basically back to TC plus DRL. This Fs everything up.

I honestly think will force Eglinton over to a subway (the tunnels are big enough for it) and it will go to Pearson. Sixrings is right, it's supposed to be a crosstown, but it stops in Weston Village, why?

So your idea of sticking with a plan is cancelling Finch & Sheppard?

Um... no. I'm saying IF they were cancelled then I hope that at least something else was built with the money.

What I want is something to be built, which requires sticking to a plan. I would be happy to see Finch & Sheppard built.

I honestly think will force Eglinton over to a subway (the tunnels are big enough for it) and it will go to Pearson. Sixrings is right, it's supposed to be a crosstown, but it stops in Weston Village, why?

If it's switched to a subway there's no way it's going to the airport. It would either be the current length or even shortened to the underground part only.

If it's switched to a subway there's no way it's going to the airport. It would either be the current length or even shortened to the underground part only.

thats my fear. As much as the Liberal plan is 3 stubs they are at least expandable. I dont want another sheppard where it costs to much to expand so nothing ever happens. A shorter subway from don mills to weston would be very depressing.

thats my fear. As much as the Liberal plan is 3 stubs they are at least expandable. I dont want another sheppard where it costs to much to expand so nothing ever happens. A shorter subway from don mills to weston would be very depressing.

While I agree with you, an Eg subway from Don Mills to Weston would still probably be better than Sheppard since it's twice as long and connects to both YUS branches.

Back