News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

whelp, looks like we are heading to the polls.

Finally,

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/horwarth-budget/article18386620/

Ontario election looms as NDP's Horwath pans Liberal budget
ADRIAN MORROW

Ontario will be going to the polls this spring, after New Democrat Leader Andrea Horwath announced she will not back the Liberal budget.

"I have lost confidence in Kathleen Wynne," Ms. Horwath said at Queen's Park Friday. "I cannot in good conscience support this budget."

Finally? Given how anti-transit both the Tories are, and with only the Liberals and Tories having a chance of winning, how is this beneficial to anyone who supports transit expansion?

It's a shame that the NDP is more interested in playing petty politics, than looking out for the best interests of those in Ontario.

Finally? Given how anti-transit both the Tories are, and with only the Liberals and Tories having a chance of winning, how is this beneficial to anyone who supports transit expansion?

It's a shame that the NDP is more interested in playing petty politics, than looking out for the best interests of those in Ontario.

Some people hate LRTS so much they bought into the idea PCS will cancel all LRT and actually build Subways Subways Subways. Rob Ford really Fd Toronto... we may now get no LRT lines ever. BTW Andrea couldnt even build a raft.

BTW Andrea couldnt even build a raft.
Agreed. We learned exactly how incompetent the NDP was in advancing transit the last time we elected them, and they pulled the plug on
Network 2011, doing nothing for years, and then late in their mandate finally restarting work on Sheppard and Eglinton, way too late to not get cancelled by the Tories.

None of the parties and/or their visions are particularly electable - and I definitely wouldn't count on any of them to have an adult conversation about what combination of tax increases and spending cuts we should have.

AoD

It's a great day for people who love expensive tiny downtown condo units.

Last edited:
It's a great day for people who love expensive tiny downtown condo units.

Agreed, no transit just makes downtown living even more desirable. I live right on the Subway line, this wont effect me. Maybe I should be happy. Value of my house goes up and my taxes stay low.

Some people hate LRTS so much they bought into the idea PCS will cancel all LRT and actually build Subways Subways Subways. Rob Ford really Fd Toronto... we may now get no LRT lines ever. BTW Andrea couldnt even build a raft.

I still have hope that Eglinton will be finished as an LRT...

I still have hope that Eglinton will be finished as an LRT...

This is exactly why i would have rather they have put all the money on one line. Do eglinton from the airport to scarborough. It is suppose to be called a crosstown. Take the finch and Sheppard LRT money and finish Eglinton. I really hate starting and stopping plans.. I was happy we were basically back to TC plus DRL. This Fs everything up.

This is exactly why i would have rather they have put all the money on one line. Do eglinton from the airport to scarborough. It is suppose to be called a crosstown. Take the finch and Sheppard LRT money and finish Eglinton. I really hate starting and stopping plans.. I was happy we were basically back to TC plus DRL. This Fs everything up.

Well hopefully if (and that's still a big if I think, we don't know the results of the June election obviously) Finch & Sheppard are cancelled the money will be put to good use on another worthwhile transit project in Toronto.

My other hope is that something is built eventually and that we stick with a plan long enough for something to actually be completed. The worse scenario in my mind is that constantly changing plans every couple of years results in decades of nothing being built.

whelp, looks like we are heading to the polls.

Best news I have heard in a long long time. I would have seriously considered moving my business out of this province if this budget was passed. As for transit, i definitely believe we need to invest in our infrastructure, I just do not trust this incompetent government (e-health, Orange, Gas Plants, all day kinder-daycare), to do it. Bye bye Kathleen!!!!

What makes you so sure the Liberals won't win again? You better have a backup plan to move your business.

Back