News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hated the last layout with the tacky banner. This is much better imo, just a bit too much ads.

The lack of contrast and lack of relevance of anything that's actually important on the website, means that the only things that stand out are the ads.

It's a big improvement from what was here before. People would become accustomed to the new (wave) colour scheme soon enough, although they are probably correct to say a darker blue (the one in the horizontal bars?) would be more readable.

For browsibility in the database, might the architect and developer names be linked to the search, so that it is one click to see their other projects? And, if it is feasible, could nearby projects also in the database show on the Google map? That might give a more immediate sense of where development is happening.

I don't care what colours you use but just make sure the read and unread colours are different enough that we can distinguish between the two. It's very difficult at the moment.

Other than that I am soooo happy you finally switched the graphics to something more elegant and professional looking than the last design.

Wow! Much better than the last UT update! Im going to have to agree on the font colour though.

I agree as well, the light blue has got to go, to hard on the vision, everything else looks fine so far.

I (Firefox with NoScript) do get a dialogue box for the Google Maps API whenever I try to view a project in the database. I like the inclusion of the floor plans. Wish the project descriptions were a little more straightforward and less marketing speak, but overall think the database is a great initiative which will increase the use and value of this site beyond the forums.

Last edited:
I found the mobile experience to be very poor. The ads take up the whole page of my smartphone !!!. It's really impractical browsing threads with multiple pages because I constantly have to wait for the gigantic ads to load up (which also eat up data in KiloBytes) and scroll and scroll. Are there any plans to make a barebones version of the forums or at least one optimized for handsets? Because I check the forums constantly on my mobile when I'm at work, and I'm sure many others do aswell. I don't know how complex the coding is to do this, but I visit a lot of forums on my smartphone without downloading any specific "Apps" and they seem to automatically optimize for my phone. It shouldn't matter whether someone has an Iphone, Android, Blackberry or other. Also it shouldnt be necessary to "sign in" and specify the "style chooser" as "Mobile" at the bottom left pull down menu of the site. A mobile browser should be automatically recognized for usability.

Also I know advertising is important to maintain the site, but it appears rather clunky on the main site. Eats up too much header space in my opinion. Also echoing everyone else's thoughts on font colour.

Besides that, keep up the good work, I know it's a work in progress! And thanks for the hardwork and serving a great purpose over the years.

I don't care what colours you use but just make sure the read and unread colours are different enough that we can distinguish between the two. It's very difficult at the moment.

Other than that I am soooo happy you finally switched the graphics to something more elegant and professional looking than the last design.

Agree completely. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I've already clicked on. Pleased with the overall look - very polished!

What is the little icon that looks like a documnt at the top left corner of every message? When I mouse-over, it says default, but clicking on it doesn't do anything.

yeah, the horizontal scroll is a bit of a pain...how do you maximize your browser?

Could you please change a 'margin' property for the 'body' tag in a main css file
from
margin: 0px 35px 0px 35px;
to
margin: 0 auto;

It will fix horizontal scrolling for a screen resolution of 1280px and will center the whole page on wider screens.

I like this way better than the last update. In fact I hated the last update and didn't use the site as much because of it. This is a welcome change!

Back