News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

While it's great that the GTA's super-regional malls have recently refurbished/expanded, or are planning to do the same, I am curious about the Eaton Centre...can it be expanded any further and more importantly, why is it not being renovated? Obviously, I understand the importance and significance of the "flying geese" and all that but I mean the actual interiors...they're quite tired looking; the worst offenders in my eyes are the food courts and the washrooms...they're so bad, ill-equipped, and generally unattractive...this mall is being milked too much for its location (i.e. it will always be busy because of its location no matter how run-down it gets)....I would say of all the major malls in the GTA, it is the worst in terms of its interior up-keep, etc. What do you all think?

Eaton Centre is getting its long overdue $128M renovation; all common areas, both food courts, etc.

Eaton Centre is getting its long overdue $128M renovation; all common areas, both food courts, etc.

Hey there...thanks for the info....do you have a credible source for this or is it just a rumour? :)

If the renos are actually going to happen, then that's awesome.... :)

Do you know when they'll start on this and how long it'll take? How come I haven't seen any announcements on this?

Thanks....

Hey there...thanks for the info....do you have a credible source for this or is it just a rumour? :)

If the renos are actually going to happen, then that's awesome.... :)

Do you know when they'll start on this and how long it'll take? How come I haven't seen any announcements on this?

Thanks....

We got this update directly from CF....we've put many of our clients in the Eaton Centre over the years. I trust that a formal announcement will be made soon.

Last edited:
hmm, trying to think if 128 million is sufficient really? How much was yorkdale's reno for example?

is there any rumours for hollister or abercrombie opening up anywhere else in toronto area?
also on bloor street that long stretch of un-vacated storefront, whats going on there apple and hollister should go there i think :)

o yea i forgot about that and wat was in the spot where the new la senza is going in now at eatons centre?
also is victorias secret replacing the la senza across from abercrombie in the future?

I noticed too that Gap is opening on the main floor near Queen. Looks a bit small - not sure if they're moving from the lower level. Anyone have details?

Looks like a lot of reshuffling is going on in the Eaton center now - I think there are a few spots for lease as well i.e. empty - but it's always hard to tell here, the never put lease signs out - just board it up.

is there any rumours for hollister or abercrombie opening up anywhere else in toronto area?
also on bloor street that long stretch of un-vacated storefront, whats going on there apple and hollister should go there i think :)

It's unlikely any Abercrombie stores will open anywhere in the short to mid future. The Abercrombie brand has been performing very poorly in the past two years. Some of their stores saw sales go to almost zero in the recession and they have recovered at about only 1/3 the rate of their competition. It has been reported that the company has even considered terminating the entire brand and only operating Hollister and other newer lines they have developed, which are faring much better.

It's unlikely any Abercrombie stores will open anywhere in the short to mid future. The Abercrombie brand has been performing very poorly in the past two years. Some of their stores saw sales go to almost zero in the recession and they have recovered at about only 1/3 the rate of their competition. It has been reported that the company has even considered terminating the entire brand and only operating Hollister and other newer lines they have developed, which are faring much better.

Perhaps, but you're looking at US sales numbers. International sales were up 94% in April and they have previously stated that expansion will be concentrated outside the US (including Canada).

There's no way Abercrombie is going to terminate their namesake brand. If anything, I could see them dumping their newer brands (RUEHL and Gilly Hicks) and focussing on their core brands A&F and Hollister. But that's just my opinion. I think both of those brands are overpriced (especially with competition like American Eagle and Aéropostale).

Back