News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

No. He's at 47%. When all is said and done, more Toronto voters will have voted for more 'progressive' candidates than Rob Ford.

Not by much, though. It's certainly not a good result by any stretch.

Official numbers here: http://election.toronto.ca/epr/eprDetail.do?000,#1288055207974
Err.. You're grasping at straws now.

This is effectively a frickin' landslide for Ford. The message is absolutely clear. The people of Toronto want fiscal restraint.

Pray to God Ron Moeser hangs on in Ward 44 over Rob Ford-in-drag Diana Hall. Moeser is leading by 20 votes with one poll remaining.

Days like this make me glad we don't have the strong mayor system some have wished for in the past...

Right now, Smitherman + Pantalone just barely beats Ford's numbers.

I'll be looking forward to see how that electoral reform thing comes along, and if it will happen before 2014. Also interesting to see how the provincial Conservatives will fare now based on how Ford will perform in his first year.

When you consider that Prime Ministers and Premiers are elected directly by relatively small ridings - Rob Ford has made history tonight by receiving the most votes ever cast for a politician in the history of Canada.

Gary Crawford barely wins over Robert Spencer in Ward 36 (Scarborough Southwest).

I wonder what Brian Ashton is doing these days.

Smitherman was remarkably good in his concession speech. I think if he had shown more of this human side throughout the campaign he wouldn't have bled so much support.

People can accuse Ford of a lot of things, but he always presented a raw & human side of himself. Smitherman, by contrast, always seemed too rehearsed and pandering, especially in early days. Aside from maybe the past couple of weeks, George really ran a terrible campaign.

According to the mayoral results, there are atleast 972 self-described white supremacists in Toronto. Thought they'd go for Pantalone.

Back