News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Seems like any rational interviewer would stop and ask to do it another time if he was busy with coaching a football team.

if you listen to the audio, the interviewer mentions that Ford's press person told them to call at that time.

I seriously doubt his number one priority is to impress the CBC and the readers of 'Torontoist' - all of which have already pre-defined opinions of him.

I can imagine the annex residents cringing at the fact that he's not well spoken, or how he'll 'represent' the city at news conferences etc.

Was this a suprise going in? He's no media sweet heart. He won't say the things that you're 'supposed' to say. At the end of the day, people need to understand that those are not the priorities of the 350k residents that voted him in.

If he was 'retarded', will he be getting the same treatment and vile opinion he continuously receives, or will he be heralded by the Star at how 'inclusive and diverse' we are as a city that we have a mentally challenged Mayor?

He's not media friendly, but the families, many of them immigrants, that live in the burbds aren't nearly as vain as the anglo-saxon downtowners. And it's this continuous high-brow attitude that fueled his campaign - some people still don't get it.

So he's going to attend council meetings while coaching football?

I assume he'll "dial in" to council meetings (and they'll sound similar to the transcript we just read)...

I seriously doubt his number one priority is to impress the CBC and the readers of 'Torontoist' - all of which have already pre-defined opinions of him.

I can imagine the annex residents cringing at the fact that he's not well spoken, or how he'll 'represent' the city at news conferences etc.

Was this a suprise going in? He's no media sweet heart. He won't say the things that you're 'supposed' to say. At the end of the day, people need to understand that those are not the priorities of the 350k residents that voted him in.

If he was 'retarded', will he be getting the same treatment and vile opinion he continuously receives, or will he be heralded by the Star at how 'inclusive and diverse' we are as a city that we have a mentally challenged Mayor?

He's not media friendly, but the families, many of them immigrants, that live in the burbds aren't nearly as vain as the anglo-saxon downtowners. And it's this continuous high-brow attitude that fueled his campaign - some people still don't get it.

Since when is speaking coherently and thoughtfully a downtown thing? He'll be representing us at international meetings. It will look pretty embarassing if the mayors of Stockholm and Copenhagen are speaking better and more thoughful English than him. I'm sorry, but it's a big part of the job and it's going to be a long 4 years for everyone (us and him) if he's going to carry on this way.

I'll also add that his behaviour in that interview was very rude. To not give an interviewer from the CBC (or any media outlet, even if it's a high school paper) his full attention and then to cut the interview after 3 minutes, it was grossly inappropriate.

Last edited:
So he's going to attend council meetings while coaching football?

I assume he'll "dial in" to council meetings (and they'll sound similar to the transcript we just read)...

An interview with the CBC isn't the same as attending a council meeting. One matters, the other less so.

An interview with the CBC isn't the same as attending a council meeting. One matters, the other less so.
Yeah, because you wouldn't want to let the entire country you know your a buffoon.

Bizarre interview ... did anyone tell him he's won, and he can stop campaigning?

Doug, who is much more articulate, needs to reprogram him with some new talking points.

You know when an old TV displays the same image for a very long time, you can turn it off but the image is permanently burned into the screen?

Rob Ford's mind has got gravy train burn in.

Radio journalist: Can you tell us about your transition team?
Ford: Sorry, we're just discussing it now, so I can't really talk about it just yet.
Radio journalist: What about deputy mayor and budget chief?
Ford: Sorry, we're just formulating a plan now, so I can't really talk about it just yet.
Radio journalist: OK then, maybe you can tell me how you spent your time on election night.
Ford: Sure. We went over to my mom's house and had a nice quiet dinner and watched the incoming results.
Radio journalist: What did you guys have?
Ford: Chinese food
Radio journalist: Really? I kinda thought you'd be more of a roast beef, gravy, and potatoes type of guy.
Ford: No, no. The gravy train is coming to an end.

I'm paraphrasing, but this is pretty much how the interview went.

EDIT:

Here is the interview.

http://pmd.680news.com/podcasts/news_features/Oct27-mayor-elect-Rob-Ford_News-feature_2010-10-27.mp3

Last edited:

Well, look at it this way. His demo's the sort that's eviscerating Don Mills with FatFvckitecture.

And if that's a "high-brow attitude", so be it.

So Rob and his people have decided not to do anymore interviews with CBC's As it happens or the Toronto Star. Ever! Just like a kid taking his football and going home because he was tackled. Talk about being sensitive. I think Rob is going to be micro managed to the point were he will not be allowed to talk to any media. Soon he'll be running and hiding from all MSM like the PM and only dish out prepared statements, instead of answer difficult questions. He isn't even mayor yet. It's going to be a long four years.

Back