News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

challenging four-termer Mike Colle as a PC candidate in a 416 riding is suicidal in several ways.

How? Colle came closer to being defeated by a Tory (by just over 5 points) than any other 416 Liberal in '07. (It helped that Colle had a bit of an ethical cloud over his head going into that election, and that the PCs cornered the Orthodox Jewish vote.)

Any random thoughts on who might emerge as a leading light through the next four bumptious years?
One that might be a serious contender for the mayoral position when it comes back around?

Adam Vaughan? Gord Perks? Frances Nunziata?
Norm Kelley? Maria Augimeri? Josh Matlow?

Anything to do with the "Wow ... that was extreme (some extremely anti-gay posts deleted for those that missed it)" referenced elsewhere?

Nope ... probably for the best.

If the mods were cops, and he was shot rather than banned, the description would be "suicide by cop" ... I don't think he had posted for a while ... and it was a single post that did it.

q9tIj.jpg

Um...

"The Montreal metro system is currently Canada's longest subway system and the busiest in total daily passenger usage

It is however less frequent, especially off-peak, has smaller trains, and shorter service hours. And it's noticeable less busy off-peak.

Which does make one wonder how statistically it can have more passengers, given the length of the network, and number of stations is very similar; one of the agencies numbers is clearly not accurate!
Well this exchange was 3-years ago, and the poster has been banned (though I'm sure he's still here under another user id). But I can't resist setting the story straight now that the facts have changed.

This gets back to the debate back then of how can Montreal's subway system carry more passengers a day than Toronto's, even though both systems are about the same size, but the Montreal trains are smaller and less frequent.

The answer appears to be that it doesn't. While a typical APTA repot from 2010 shows that Montreal ridership is a bit higher - http://www.apta.com/resources/statistics/Documents/Ridership/2010_q1_ridership_APTA.pdf

A recent APTA report from 2012 shows Montreal ridership is about half what was previously reported. http://www.apta.com/resources/statistics/Documents/Ridership/2012-q3-ridership-APTA.pdf

I guess the construction industry in Montreal wasn't the only one that was corrupt. This should teach people to not take "facts" blindly that don't make sense.

Back