News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Hey, he's not the mayor yet. This thread's still relevant. Maybe we should just remove the question mark from the thread title.

In December we can start a "Let's point out every thing Rob Ford does wrong as mayor" thread.

But, on the subject of the $1 billion, my point was that people love to exaggerate a story, and the $1 billion lost story is not a fair or accurate portrayal of Smitherman's record at all.

Not sure if you realize it but your avatar makes it nigh on impossible to take anything you claim objectively.

Not sure if you realize it but your avatar makes it nigh on impossible to take anything you claim objectively.

Excuse me? I think we all approach an issue with our own set of biases. I acknowledge mine, and have never attempted to hide where I'm coming from. I don't expect everyone to adore George Smitherman, but I would hope that the educated and articulate people of this forum can take a balanced view and measure his record fairly.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/11/01/15910221.html

Rob Ford's campaign budget is 650 grand in the red. He spent money he didn't have.

He sure couldn't control the gravy train on his own campaign.

He didn't fundraise as much as he hoped to, but blindly went ahead and spent the money anyways. Exactly the sort of thing he would have bellowed at Miller about. Has the man ever actually had to work within a budget in his life? He's definitely not limited at home, I imagine Doug has veto at Deco if things got stupid, and he ignored his office budget as councillor.

That's 54 Rae retirement parties.

This just gets better and better.

He'll just use daddy's money. Just like he uses daddy's money for his office expenses.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/11/01/15910221.html

Rob Ford's campaign budget is 650 grand in the red. He spent money he didn't have.

He sure couldn't control the gravy train on his own campaign.

He didn't fundraise as much as he hoped to, but blindly went ahead and spent the money anyways. Exactly the sort of thing he would have bellowed at Miller about. Has the man ever actually had to work within a budget in his life? He's definitely not limited at home, I imagine Doug has veto at Deco if things got stupid, and he ignored his office budget as councillor.

That's 54 Rae retirement parties.

This just gets better and better.

I don't see what the big deal is here. As long as he did not exceed spending limits what does it matter he exceeded amounts raised. The taxpayer is not on the hook for this amount (like were are with Kyles Raes disgusting waste of taxpayer money).

The important thing is that we know the names of every person who donated to Rob Ford. We STILL do not know who is on Smithermans list of donors OR how much he raised because Smitherman REFUSED to release this information.

Last edited:
What's the big deal? He's always talking about spending based on revenues, no deficits, etc. He couldn't manage to do that with his own campaign so that reduces confidence in his ability to balance a city's budget.

The important thing is that we know the names of every person who donated to Rob Ford.

Actually, you don't.

No candidate ever released more than a partial list during the election campaign, but all candidates have to reveal them in their entirety after the election. There has been zero media attention to whether this has happened post election, though.

Is he allowed to pay for the campaign shortfall with money from the print shop? or will that land him back in front of the integrity commissioner? (yet again)

Ford's first order of business: hiring more integrity commissioners. With Rob Ford as mayor, we're gonna need as many as we can find.

At this point I'd be very surprised if it isn't Rob Ford.

Do you expect something to happen to him between now and December?

shyuck shyuck... It's like you have information that others don't have, and you're using it to make yourself laugh.

Rob Ford might eventually get stuck in a door jam though, leaving it to brother Doug.

I can't tell from the article whether there's a 275M surplus, or just the deficit is 275M less than expected.

Anyway, yeah, good news for Ford on all counts: that this news only comes out after the election and that he's have a bit of an easier job than expected.

I can't tell from the article whether there's a 275M surplus, or just the deficit is 275M less than expected.

There's 275M left over in the 2010 budget meaning council has to raise less revenue (through property taxes or other governmental sources) to cover the projected 2011 budget.

Back