News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think you'll find that many people care, particularly voters who are looking to have someone with integrity in the mayor's office.

This confirms what many of us already felt in their guts about Giambrone: It's all about him.

Read the e-mails. Not only is he cheating on his wife, he's also stringing along a teenager for cheap sex... or as he puts it "stimulation".

Should be entertaining watching his (already clueless) supporters rationalize this one away.

First off, calling any supporters clueless is clueless. I don't have any affiliation w/Mr. Giambrone, nor his political party and have certainly not decided where to cast my vote at this early date. (well not with Mr. Rossi or Mammolitti)

At any rate, I think its always better to keep discussions civil and high minded, and name-calling is not going to win anyone credibility in posting.

On the general subject of 'integrity'; of course everyone wants someone with integrity in office (except certain lobbyists, of all stripes).

But we need a bit of realism. First off, let's not confuse 'integrity' with personal morals. They are not the same; if someone is offended by swearing, this does not mean someone who swears makes a bad leader, or lacks integrity.

People can make choices you disagree with and that does not make them terrible people, or disqualify them from public office.

Second, we need to prioritize what type of integrity we most value. I most value people in office who don't take bribes, direct or in-direct from campaign contributors, lobbyists or others, be they left-wing, right-wing or of any other persuasion.

I want them to be intelligent, thoughtful, measured, calm, intellectually curious and aware and to the best of their ability to put their jurisdiction's (City/Province/Country) best interests first in their professional decision making.

By contrast if they are not the world's best parent or spouse or friend, this should be important to the affected people, presumably, but it is not a function of their professional acumen or ethic and is therefore not my concern.

While I don't' want to belabour the issue of sex, nor condone, nor criticize the choices of others, in so far as they don't effect me.

I would like to note that study after study by polling firms, Universities etc. pegs the level of cheating by both men and women at not less than 40%, and possibly as high as 60% in all relationshipss.

As such, I expect the numbers are not much different in politics.

And off hand I can think of at least one former premier, 2 former prime ministers, and 2 former mayors (collectively 2 Conservatives, 3 Liberals) about whom it is widely known, that they had relationships outside of their marriages, while in office. (all in the last 30 years)

I'm sure there must be others, of all political backgrounds, parties and ideologies I don't know about.

I think there is something to be said for the French who didn't bat an eyelash when at Former PM Mitterand's funeral his wife was there along with his mistress.

Its real life folks. I'm not saying its OK, not endorsing it, just not interested in what others decide is good for them or not, unless it affects me (or their ability to do their job, in which I have a say, as a voter or boss)

Mr. Giambrone may or may not be or have been the best candidate for office; but his sexual habits are essentially irrelevant to that discussion

Last edited:
I don't understand. Why is it important to have someone like Sarah as a girlfriend/partner if he's running? Does this girl have a six-figure salary or something?

I don't get it either. The public would have been fine with Kristen Lucas. A bit on the young side but then Giambrone's whole image was that of a young candidate. I think the e-mails/texts make it clear that it was just an excuse he was using to cheat.

First off, calling any supporters clueless is clueless.

I'm sorry if I hurt the feelings of Giambrone supporters out there, but it was always hard to figure the appeal of a guy whose main accomplishment was running the city's most reviled agency.

People can make choices you disagree with and that does not make them terrible people, or disqualify them from public office.

Why can't I judge slimy behaviour in a politician's personal life if he is asking for my vote? It's the whole person who accupies the office, after all, not the just the public image. Are you one of these people who believes John Edwards should still be given consideration for public office?

Giambrone can stay in the race if he likes. That's his right. But don't expect people to overlook this.

Mr. Giambrone may or may not be or have been the best candidate for office; but his sexual habits are essentially irrelevant to that discussion

I agree 100% with this statement, but don't feel like his sexual habits are really what are in question here. The issue is the lying. In my mind, this is the real story of the day:

Monday night, Giambrone said in his statement Lucas had "earlier sent an email I thought was threatening."

His campaign sent the Star a copy of an email that it claimed had been sent to Giambrone by Lucas on Jan. 7.

In the email she threatens to track down "ur `girlfriend' and let her know about the affair we're having. It doesn't have to be true ... ha! I hope U become mayor so that I could become TTC chair!"

Lucas denied sending the email and pointed out her name is spelled incorrectly.

Did Giambrone's campaign team attempt to forge an email from this girl? I can't let something like that go.

People have affairs all the time. It's human nature.

( Especially journalists )

Many affairs are had for purely political reasons.

This is the way the world and politics, operate.

Adam is being brutally honest with both women. They knew who they were gettin' jiggy with.

I want a worldly Mayor. A Mayor with an appetite for life and love and change. Not some wallflower or wining Macbook toting hipster.

People have affairs all the time. It's human nature. ( Especially journalists )

Adam is being brutally honest with both women. They knew who they were gettin' jiggy with.

I want a worldly Mayor. A Mayor with an appetite for life and love and change. Not some wallflower or wining Macbook toting hipster.

Like I said, let the rationalizing begin.

People have affairs all the time. It's human nature.

( Especially journalists )

I don't want to see this fall apart either as Giambrone was sort of a Great Hope for progressives in this city, but it doesn't look like either woman knew about the other until recently.

The issue isn't his affair, but mixing official business with having an affair and the missteps in letting whoever he had a fling with knowing stuff that she had no business of knowing. If you must cheat, don't talk to her about what your work entails, and don't do it in the office for crying out loud.

For the sake of the progressives, he should quit now before he soil things even further.

AoD

This wasn't a hot sex tape of a one night stand. It's a story about how he was deceitful to two women, how he divulged confidential city affairs, and then tried to cover it up with a FABRICATED email. Good thing his union goons didn't know how to spell.
is his CHARACTER in question? Absolutely!

I wonder if McQuarrie was aware of their 'arrangement' regarding their relationship? My guess is not - classy guy, to string along someone else for that long.
It's funny how many parallels this little affair has with his base of supporters... Their all comatose from his prose and spin but can't see what he's really about.

Last edited:
The issue isn't his affair, but mixing official business with having an affair and the missteps in letting whoever he had a fling with knowing stuff that she had no business of knowing. If you must cheat, don't talk to her about what your work entails, and don't do it in the office for crying out loud.

For the sake of the progressives, he should quit now before he soil things even further.

AoD

+1

Everybody seems to be missing this most important part. He may have divulged confidential information out of the fare increase. So basically while they aren't letting the public hoard tokens because of an upcoming fare increase, he gave this girl (and whoever she could have passed on that information to) fair warning to stock up. That's basically like insider trading. If he does that with a fare increase, would he do that with multi-million dollar contracts that the mayor's office handles?

In the email she threatens
Threatening? She threatened to tell his other girlfriend.

Threatening to his career I suppose... which is why he wanted it all hush-hush.

---

P.S. It's not a big deal IMO that he's had indiscretions in his relationships. However, it's relevant to a lot of voters. If he had any sense he wouldn't have gone this direction if he was planning on running for mayor of such a big city. Clearly he knew that, since he was trying to keep everything quiet after all.

Between the TTC union being dicks and progressive politicians screwing up, it's like there's some giant conspiracy going on designed to elect a far-right conservative in the fall.

Hell, he should just have come out and said he had a melange a trois while having collar around his neck. Being sneaky and hush-hush about it isn't that progressive.

AoD

Between the TTC union being dicks and progressive politicians screwing up, it's like there's some giant conspiracy going on designed to elect a far-right conservative in the fall.

When your're that far LEFT of the center, even middle left seems far right

Back