News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Also: I think the 'revealing confidential information' thing is kind of BS. Anyone who paid attention knew there was a fare increase coming after the freeze expired. If he revealed other stuff, maybe, but the fare increase 'secret' is a red herring. Hell, TTC management 'revealed' it via press release before it had even gone to a vote.

Not that it changes anything. I'm just disappointed the headlines are "Giambrone has hot steamy affair with co-ed; tells her TTC secrets" and not "Inept Giambrone campaign forges emails to cover up candidate's affair."

js97:

Indeed, like any of the candidates are "far left".

GraphicMatt:

That example maybe - but it's just bad to mix business with affairs. Besides, the power vested in him isn't meant for sex in the office.

AoD

Last edited:
Wow, so this really confirms that he isn't gay.

It's weird because in a lot of ways that NOW story may be what ends his campaign. He rarely/never talked about his partner Sarah until that story broke. NOW should call all candidates gay (except for Smitherman - dude's clearly straight as an arrow) just to see what happens.

Indeed, like any of the candidates are "far left".
Well, for example Giambrone used to be prez of the NDP. For many voters, that'd be considered pretty left.

It's just a matter of perspective of what people would consider "far" left. Obviously we're not talking Mao here, but prez of the NDP is left by most standards, and probably "far" left by some who are right-of-centre.

Giambrone is toast as potential mayor, at least for this election. Who knows maybe in 4 years time no one will care but this is the final nail in his coffin. This is nothing like the Clinton situation that it is being compared to...

Lets look at the information available to the public:

Adam allegedly has an affair with Kristen while (?) living with Sarah. The two never know of the other. Adam breaks it off with Kristen but attempts to leave the door open by telling her that his relationship with Sarah is one of "political convinience". When Kristen comes forward with this info there is an apparent attempt at forgery to defame her.

This is not about what he's doing in his bedroom (the old "the public has no right in the bedrooms of private citizens" comment) but about a man who is prepared to gallingly tell his listeners what he thinks they need to hear to keep them listening to him rather than telling them the truth. Come on, telling someone that their relationship is only for political reasons? I'm not naive enough to believe that this stuff doesn't happen but certainly most politicians don't have the balls to out and out say so, particularly to the women you are breaking up with (emotional payback anyone?). We expect this man to run our city? "Hey (insert union boss) I'm only telling the public that I'll fight to keep the next union contract low, but you'll get everything you want".

I think Kristen showed much more maturity than Adam by telling him to go f**k himself after he told her.

Furthermore I also don't understand why Sarah was so important to his campaign given how progressive and accepting Toronto is. We have openly gay man running for mayor for deity's sake it's not like the city is soo socially conservative that he needed her to complete his image. In fact I don't think having Kristen as his partner during the campaign would have hurt him very much if at all, and probably would have gained more of the youth vote...

P.S. Personally I think Kristen is more attractive than Sarah is anyway. Sarah looks far too much like Sarah Palin.

P.S.S If Sarah had any druthers at all (assuming she knew nothing of the arrangement) she'd kick him to the curb as well. However I see her pulling "the good wife" routine.

Last edited:
This must be most embarassing for Sarah McQuarie.
Only if she loves him.
"You know I will be announcing I have a partner," Giambrone, 32, wrote in a text message to Lucas Dec. 27. "It is someone named Sarah (McQuarrie), who I've been involved with in the past. It is important for the campaign." ............ "I had to have someone political."
Can you feel the love there?

He's a shameless opportunist, and if Sarah McQuarie is part of this fabrication then she's no better.

Giambrone is finished.
Confirmed.

It's weird because in a lot of ways that NOW story may be what ends his campaign. He rarely/never talked about his partner Sarah until that story broke.

And we now know the reason he kept his partner deep in the background. Not to cover up the fact that he was gay (as Now assumed) but to keep his girlfriend(s) in the dark about his true domestic arrangements.

Well, NDP is left of centre - we don't really have any mainstream left (much less hard left) parties in Canada.
Well, many in the electorate would consider some Liberal party members left-of-centre, with the NDP further left. ie. To many, the NDP is a mainstream left party.

It's all a matter of perspective. In the past I've considered myself centre to left-of-centre, and most of my colleagues and friends would agree with that. However, judging by some of the posts and comments here, I might sit more right than many if not most who post here.

Let's not forget that he is totally robbing the cradle.

he was 31 she was 19....

would any of you approve if she was your little sister?

It's all a matter of perspective. In the past I've considered myself centre to left-of-centre, and most of my colleagues and friends would agree with that. However, judging by some of the posts and comments here, I might sit more right than many if not most who post here.

^^ Of topic but yes I've had the same experience. I tend to lean towards socially progressive (left) but Centre-CentreRight fiscally (i.e. budgets should be balanced, taxes should be minimized as best possible, yet still provide social services and a social safety net, and keeping public assets public). Yet I've found myself to the right of posters here numerous times

Let's not forget that he is totally robbing the cradle.

he was 31 she was 19....

would any of you approve if she was your little sister?

Given that I have a sister who is turning 21... If they truely loved each other, no. Age is just a number anyway.

However if he were feeding her lies to keep her as his f**k buddy while leading her to believe that she were in an actual relationship. Then yes I'd have a major problem with that.

Last edited:

Back