News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Today it's the price of TTC tokens, tomorrow he's telling his mistress which publicly traded company is about to win a hundred million dollar contract for the city's next IT upgrade.

I look forward to your response to future Giambrone scandals:

"Today it's jaywalking across Yonge St, tomorrow he's plowing a bus into a group of pedestrians"

"Today it's forgetting to recycle his coffee cup, tomorrow he's wiping out the Amazon rainforest."

Sorry to jest, but your reaction is a bit extreme here.

I look forward to your response to future Giambrone scandals:

"Today it's jaywalking across Yonge St, tomorrow he's plowing a bus into a group of pedestrians"

"Today it's forgetting to recycle his coffee cup, tomorrow he's wiping out the Amazon rainforest."

Sorry to jest, but your reaction is a bit extreme here.

Yeah, I know. It's sad that I just can be as cynical as you and that I am actually idealistic enough to expect the people I vote for to have integrity. I know it's a high bar I set. I demand that politicians not use members of the opposite sex as props (must make me some crazy feminazi for thinking that women might not like that). And I expect politicians to actually not use information in their possession to benefit their friends and family members. It's a rather extreme standard to set, I know. What can I say...

Actually, yes, some of us can keep sensitive details about our work to ourselves. Working in the security and intelligence community for years, I had tons of stuff that I could not discuss with anybody outside my immediate colleagues let alone even others in that business. It made for some very boring conversations with my girlfriend some nights and it can feel very lonely at times when you are filled with info but have nobody to tell. But that's what I chose to do and I had to stick to it. My girlfriend learned in time too, not to ask about my work, other than inquiring about the people I worked with.

I fully expect that the TTC Chair will not divulge information that enables his or her family to benefit (say by hoarding tokens in this case) any more than the general public. Other employees and executives can get canned for insider trading and leaks. Why should a politician running a multi-billion dollar operation be held to a different standard.

So you've compared the TTC and the ability of one person (and maybe her mom) to potentially save $250 over the course of her next 1000 rides (assuming they have $2500 each to invest in tokens) with insider trading and now you're saying it's on par with the potential issues that could stem from a leak in the security and intelligence community? Really?

It was one rather minute issue that GraphicMatt has already shown to have been out in the media for months before it happened. It's not even like it's a secret that the TTC is struggling financially and that fares will eventually go up, so anyone can run with the assumption that they might as well be hoarding at any time.

Giambrone just needs to keep his campaign together for the next few weeks. After that, time will kill this story. He should bury his head and work on mending the damaged relationship between the public and the TTC.

Sadly, this is probably true. Unless, Sarah kicks him to the curb or something, it'll die with time. However, I don't think the general impression of him is going to recover as easily. Ditto with the impression of his performance as TTC Chair. It's unfair, but he's become a lightning rod for everything that's wrong with the TTC.

True. It's not so much that this one issue is a stumbling block to his becoming mayor. It's that this is another stumbling block standing in his way to becoming mayor. He needed to quell the fears that arose out of his management of the TTC, and now he's got to somehow come out of this story clean as well. If you roll around in s**t long enough you're going to get a little dirty.

Aside from voters turning away from him due to the TTC issue he has now turned off a good majority of half the electorate. I can't think of any woman justifying what he's done unless they see it as somehow empowering to Sarah.

So you've compared the TTC and the ability of one person (and maybe her mom) to potentially save $250 over the course of her next 1000 rides (assuming they have $2500 each to invest in tokens) with insider trading and now you're saying it's on par with the potential issues that could stem from a leak in the security and intelligence community? Really?

It was one rather minute issue that GraphicMatt has already shown to have been out in the media for months before it happened. It's not even like it's a secret that the TTC is struggling financially and that fares will eventually go up, so anyone can run with the assumption that they might as well be hoarding at any time.

There's a big difference between stuff that swirls in the media and details of a policy in the works. If he told her the date and amount (or a rough range) of the fare increase that's far more info than any normal citizen would get from reading a newspaper with rumours of a planned fare increase. Also, she said that she knew well in advance. If she knew before they were talking about it in the papers, then it's quite significant. Too bad The Star didn't grill her more on this topic. That's news. His affair isn't.

But like I said, it's not the material impact that matters (after all, not even everything I knew was all that important, but I still didn't blab about it). It's the principle. Why should the chick he's banging get info that saves her money while I as an average taxpaying citizen am left holding the bag and even get a lecture about hoarding tokens? And if he can't be trusted with info that helps his family save 50 bucks why should he trusted with info (that could potentially net people he knows millions) and say on a multi-billion dollar budget?

Yeah, I know. It's sad that I just can be as cynical as you and that I am actually idealistic enough to expect the people I vote for to have integrity. I know it's a high bar I set. I demand that politicians not use members of the opposite sex as props (must make me some crazy feminazi for thinking that women might not like that).

As I already stated, I believe Adam's actions here are indefensible, and he deserves a lot of what he is getting today. I just don't equate his actions with endangering national security or multimillion dollar fraud, as you seem to. Nor do I see anything that makes him inherently unable to be an amazing mayor.

As I already stated, I believe Adam's actions here are indefensible, and he deserves a lot of what he is getting today. I just don't equate his actions with endangering national security or multimillion dollar fraud, as you seem to. Nor do I see anything that makes him inherently unable to be an amazing mayor.

I never said his actions are equivalent to "endangering national security or multimillion dollar fraud". But his actions are indicative of his character and the suitability of his character for a position with significantly greater responsibilities.

Do I care that his mistress might have saved a few bucks on TTC tokens? Not really. Do I care whether Giambrone can be trusted with info, down the road, about the city's finances? You betcha.

I find it distasteful that he used Sarah as a prop. But I might be willing to excuse that as naivete (does he really think he needs the "good wife" to get elected in this town?). And that's between him and Sarah. As for him and the mistress. That's between the two of three of them depending on how you look at it.

But when his personal life impacts on the public's interest (like for example his ability to retain confidential info) then it's most certainly our business and we are definitely in the right to judge him on it and take it into account when considering his ability to take on more responsbilities. Remember Maxime Bernier. The docs he left at his girlfriend's place, though classified, were ruled to contain insignificant information. He still lost his job. We aren't even talking about canning Giambrone, just taking this info into account in the next election.

i think adam needs to step up, do the right thing and replace that couch at city hall. i hope he at least had the courtesy to flip the pillows over for the time being.

i think adam needs to step up, do the right thing and replace that couch at city hall. i hope he at least had the courtesy to flip the pillows over for the time being.

Haha. I was actually thinking about that. I'd hate to be a cleaner in any building which politicians frequent, particularly for their more...umm..."stimulating" meetings.

Haha. I was actually thinking about that. I'd hate to be a cleaner in any building which politicians frequent, particularly for their more...umm..."stimulating" meetings.

LOL! i feel sorry for the cleaner(s) who decided to take a nap on that couch! whether they would get caught or not, either way, they'd still be in a sticky situation. this is yet another reason why not to sleep on the job.

perhaps the mods should sticky this thread to keep in spirit with the discussion. ;)

Last edited:
I might consider voting for him after I judge his perfomance on the video replay.

giamboner, mc "quarry", archaeology, transfer city, TBM's, single bore or double bore along eglinton, ride the rocket, LRT portholes, trains, next stop is your vagina, etc. even the streets intersect for the occasion!

too bad lary flynt wasn't from toronto. i don't think we'll ever have another opportunity like this.

Last edited:

Back