News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Pedophiles a little much...though the line is awfully close here. Did he meet her after her 19th birthday or did he know her before (and he waited)? We'll never know.

I maintained from the beginning, that he should just stick to keeping his seat and wait a bit to be mayor. And maybe even his job as Chair of the TTC (though even that's probably in jeopardy now). As much I disdained him, I had to admit that with time, he probably would have become mayor at some point. Now, I am wondering after a bombshell like this if he'll even be able to keep his ward seat.

The age of consent in Canada is 16. Anyways, a 13-14 year age difference doesn't bother me per se. What bothers me is that he was a two-faced lying ass. He even continued to lie about it after the truth was exposed. I wonder if his "long-time live-in partner" is gonna drop him soon too.

Anyways, who is going to be the official joke candidate now?

the next candidate who gets busted having an affair

People call 20-somethings "kids" because they're often emotionally not all that mature - especially today, when many live at home until their mid-20s (at least - in some cultures, later, since it's not considered "appropriate" to leave home prior to marriage, unless you are going away to school or have a job in another town). I am 30 and call anyone under 25 a "kid". Also, while 19 is "legal," many feel that the age is too young for a 31 year old. It breaks that "half your age plus seven" rule, you know?

I'd be interested to know if your female readers had a more negative view towards Giambrone after the scandal, as compared to their male partners. In my very limited data set (just a few friends and colleagues), it seems the women were more negative than the men.

Pedophiles a little much...though the line is awfully close here. Did he meet her after her 19th birthday or did he know her before (and he waited)? We'll never know.

I maintained from the beginning, that he should just stick to keeping his seat and wait a bit to be mayor. And maybe even his job as Chair of the TTC (though even that's probably in jeopardy now). As much I disdained him, I had to admit that with time, he probably would have become mayor at some point. Now, I am wondering after a bombshell like this if he'll even be able to keep his ward seat.

Pedophile's not remotely close and neither's the line. The fact the word 'pedophile' has even been brought up, is ridiculous.

Let's all be real here.

I can't believe how accepting some people here are, of his behaviour, even after it's admittedly involving MULTIPLE
women instead of just one. Such behaviour (i.e. deception, lying, infidelity) in the private sphere always
translates to something similar in the public sphere. Why? Because it's an aspect of one's PERSONALITY - and unless
he has multiple personality disorder, you can't say that he's going to act in the opposite manner (i.e. with integrity) in the public sphere (as Mayor).

To be honest, I think some folks here are just soooo desperate for someone of his political persuasion to be Mayor, they'd overlook
anything. :(

Although I will say that there is absolutely nothing "pedo" about him. 30 year old + 19 year old? Get a grip, there's no problem
with that. It may raise some eyebrows among friends and family (it would for me; I'm about that age) but that's about it.

Going back on topic, let me be the first to welcome George Smitherman as the next mayor of Toronto...

Well OK maybe not the first. :) Have not read this entire thread yet.

If I'm Adam Giambrone and I'm seeing what's written in this thread re: pedophilia, I'm calling my lawyer.

Well, it's certainly been an interesting 30-hours.

So now with Giambrone out of the race, it's going to be interesting to look at all the other candidates, now that we have established the appropriate bar of sexual behaviour.

I assume our relentless media will now be asking about the secual history of all the other candidates. Did Smitherman ever cheat on his partner? Did Pantalone become too friendly with a constituent? Did Ford beat his wife? And who does Rossi sleep with?

Am I the only one who has yet to see a candidate in the race that I'd really want to vote for? (and I can't say that John Tory would do it for me either).

George Smitherman's new campaign slogan should be "Because, seriously, have you seen the other guys?"
If I thought he had the intelligence and political savvy to actually herd the cats at city hall I think I'd go for him. His past history doesn't really show the level of finesse, or even awareness, to give me much comfort. I'd be concerned we'd have another Lastman-like political figurehead who doesn't actually seem to do much.

Anyone find this interesting that this only came to light just after Adam Giambrone announces his run for mayor. As head of the TTC, he still a open target, so it does have that feel that someone dug this up to trow him out of the mayor race.

On another note; City Hall maintenance staff, burn the couch in his office.:rolleyes:

The big question now is if this will encourage another high profile progressive to enter the race who had previously deferred to Giambrone. Carroll? Chow? Nash? It would be great to see a strong woman candidate run.

I can't believe how accepting some people here are, of his behaviour, even after it's admittedly involving MULTIPLE
women instead of just one. Such behaviour (i.e. deception, lying, infidelity) in the private sphere always
translates to something similar in the public sphere. Why? Because it's an aspect of one's PERSONALITY - and unless
he has multiple personality disorder, you can't say that he's going to act in the opposite manner (i.e. with integrity) in the public sphere (as Mayor).

Agreed. We must demand full disclosure from all potential members of any office. Make them prove their monogamy.

Back